The New My Account Makes Energy Management Simple
My Account gives you the power to manage your energy use and costs in one convenient place. Take advantage of our useful online tools to help you stay in control of your energy expenses. It’s a snap to manage your account securely – anywhere, anytime.
Everything you need in one place.
New design makes it easier to navigate My Account.
Quick bill payment
A secure way to pay online one time, with Auto Pay or our new Text to Pay.
Snapshot of account
At-a-glance, dashboard shows account and payment information and an estimate of your next bill.
Keep tabs on energy use
See how and when you use energy, and how much it costs.
Sign up for email or text notifications. Avoid surprises on your bill with the new Energy Alert.
Make service requests online and use our new status tracker.
Ways to Save
Get tips on how to save energy and money at home or work.
Getting to Know My Account Videos
Learn about My Account's new features
Learn about your energy use and costs graphs
Learn about your different bill payment options
Learn about notifications to help manage your account and expenses
Learn about managing your profile and contact information
Frequently Asked Questions
We take the safety and security of you information very seriously. As part of our upgrade, we added new security features. We'll notify you when your My Account profile is accessed with your login information from a new or unrecognized device or web browser.
- If a device or browser is one you regularly use, it may take a few logins before our new system recognizes you. so You may receive a few notifications just to be sure.
- If there is unusual activity in the future, we'll notify you of that as well.
If you are interested in additional security measures, you may also want to consider enabling Two-Factor Authentication. Click the My Profile option from the Accounts navigation tab.
Our new My Account has enhanced security features, more stringent password requirements, and will offer customers who want added security the option of 2-factor authentication when logging in online or through a mobile device.
No, you don’t. The login to our new My Account should be seamless for most customers. Your previous Username and password should still be active and provide you access. If your password is not working, please use the “Forgot Password” option to reset your password. For the small number of customers who may have to re-register, we will notify those customers directly if they are affected by this change.
You may need the following information:
Your customer name exactly as shown on your monthly billing statement
The last 4 digits of the social security number of the primary account holder, or a Federal Tax Identification Number
Your email address on file
Your phone number on file
Your account number(s) located on your monthly billing statement
Your billing zip code
If you don’t have any contact information on file (email or phone), you may need to call us before you can complete your registration.
Existing customers with active service will retain their same SDG&E bill account numbers, but may see additional leading zeros added to support the new system format.
For most customers, logging in to the new My Account should be seamless with your previous profile information transitioning over. We recommend you:
- Review any default payment method settings. Click Bank Information from the Billing tab.
- Confirm your contact information to ensure it's up-to-date. If it is no longer correct, please update it. Click My Profile from the Account tab.
- Review your notification preferences. Some notifications have been streamlined. While you're there, you also may find new alert options to sign up for. Click Notifications Settings from the Account tab.
We’ve made this easy. Any time you have a new account or an account closes, we automatically update your profile. You no longer have to worry about adding or removing accounts from your profile manually, we do the housekeeping for you.
For the most part, nothing has changed for CCA or DA customers. You can still view and pay your billing, view your monthly usage, make service requests, etc. You can even take advantage of our new Text to Pay option.
No, you do not need to sign up for Auto Pay again if you were signed up prior to our upgrade. If you are not currently on Auto Pay, you can sign up using the Auto Pay option in the Billing menu.
You can access up to 13 months of your billing and energy usage history in the New My Account.
- Billing History: Click the Billing & Payment History option from the Billing navigation tab. Select the down arrow at the end of the row for Statement Date you'd like to access. From the expanded view, click View Your Detailed Bill PDF. You can also download and print the bill if you like.
- Usage History: Click the Usage navigation tab to view up to 13 months of your usage and costs history. Use the Meter selector on the right to switch between electric and gas meters.