We're here for you.
Get 30% or more off your energy bill
For many, meeting everyday needs isn’t easy. And during this challenging time, it may be even more difficult to pay your bills. For those customers, we offer several assistance programs, like CARE and FERA, that provide monthly discounts on your energy bill. Learn more about these programs.
You can apply through our automated phone system.
Additional Application Information
Choose your language below to access the application.
Installing Additional Language Fonts
In order to view these pages properly, you need language fonts, which are usually standard in the latest operating systems and browsers. Older computers may, however, need to have the appropriate language fonts installed.
Other rules and guidelines for these programs may apply:
- If you apply to the CARE program as an individual, your name and address must be your primary residence. This does not apply to group homes.
- If at any point you no longer qualify for the program, you must notify SDG&E.
- If your energy use exceeds the standards and is considered high use, you may be removed from the CARE program. (As of July 1, 2021, SDG&E has reinstated the high-use rule.)
- If you apply, you cannot be claimed on another person’s income tax return other than your spouse or domestic partner.
- Income is defined as total and current household income* for all persons living in your home, before deductions. You may be asked to verify your income.
- You will need to renew or re-enroll in the program when requested.
*Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members. Income would include, but is not limited to:
- Spousal and child support payments
- Public assistance payments
- Social Security
- Rental Income
- Income from self-employment
- All employment-related non-cash income
California LifeLine Program
If you’re receiving public assistance, you may also qualify for a phone discount through the California LifeLine Program.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
This federal assistance program offers help with utility bill payments and energy-related home improvements.