Chat Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm excluding holidays.

We value your business. Unfortunately, you have reached us outside of our normal business hours. Please visit our convenient self-service options to assist you with your needs at this time.


Continuity of Service

The Continuity of Service Agreement allows property owners to maintain uninterrupted gas and electric service while rental properties are vacant. 

  • Keep services on while cleaning and showing vacant properties
  • Avoid the hassle of turning services on or off when tenants move
  • Manage up to 450 properties on one agreement

*Do not use this form to start service. Start Services here


Update properties and agreement information

How you manage your properties depends on whether you already have an active account with SDG&E:

  • If you have an active residential or business service account, use My Account  to manage your agreement online. Just go to Service Requests and select Continuity of Service.
  • If you do not have an active residential or business account, submit your request to our team.

Create new agreements

  • If you have an active residential or business service account with SDG&E, use My Account to create new agreements. Just go to Service Requests and select Continuity of Service.
  • If you do not have an active account  or you’re a new SDG&E customer, call us at (800) 411-7343 to get started.


Program Information

  • New Continuity of Service Agreements must be created by the “Customer of Record” (“Applicant”). Agreements apply to all services at the property.
  • Your Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID may be used to run a credit check the first time you set up an agreement.
  • If you add properties where services are currently off, start service online. If  meters are not in use, please contact us to activate meters.
  • When tenants stop service at properties on your agreement, services will be automatically transferred to your name. A Service Establishment Fee of $5.85 will be charged per meter upon transfer.
  • You will be responsible for utility bills until the date that a new tenant starts service. Bills  will be sent to the mailing address on the agreement.
  • If a tenant’s service is disconnected for non-payment at a property on your agreement, services will not automatically transfer to your name.
  • You are responsible for notifying us when you no longer own or manage properties by removing them from your agreement. Simply stopping service does not remove properties from your agreement. Likewise, removing properties from your agreement will not stop service. You could be charged for future utility service.
  • All properties must be removed when you cancel your agreement.

Program FAQs

The owner of the Continuity of Service agreement is  responsible for ensuring that their tenants assume responsibility of  properties according to the terms of their rental agreement.

You will receive an email confirmation only when tenants move out. If you use My Account, you can view your properties and billing status online.

No, the agreement applies to all services on the contract and cannot be managed separately.  For example,  if your property has electric and gas services, then the agreement applies to both services.

You may only stop services  at properties that are  billing to you. Billing transfers to you after your tenants move out. Stopping services alone will not remove properties from your agreement.  If you no longer want services to revert to your name, you must also remove the properties from your agreement. Likewise, removing properties does not stop service.