More energy at a lower cost to help with medical conditions
If you or someone in your household has a qualifying medical condition or needs certain medical equipment in your home, you may be eligible to receive more electricity or natural gas at a lower cost through the Medical Baseline Allowance program.
How To Qualify
- You must have a qualifying medical condition or use qualifying medical equipment (see "Qualifying Medical Conditions and Equipment below).
- Fill out a "New Application" (under "Apply Today"), have it certified by your physician and return it to the address listed on the application. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you currently do not need medical provider certification to enroll.
- The person with the qualifying medical condition must live at the address on the application. Their name does not need to be on the bill, but the person who's name is on the bill must sign the application.
- The medical equipment must be for home-use only.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you currently do not need medical provider certification to enroll.
Your application will be processed within 30 days of the date it is received. Please keep a copy for your records.
Renew Your Application or Upload Physician Form
For more information on renewing your application, see the drop-down below.
Withdrawing from the Program
If the medical equipment is no longer needed, or if the person using it no longer lives at the address where the allowance is given, please contact us at [email protected] or call 1-866-463-0070 Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Power Outages and Other Emergencies
While we do our best to avoid outages, we cannot guarantee that the power will always be on. Especially if you live in high risk fire areas. If your power is out and you require medical equipment for life support, we recommend the following:
- If the situation is life-threatening, call 911.
- Make sure we have your most up-to-date phone number and email address. During power outages, we send out information to help you stay informed. It's also extremely important for us to have the correct information so we can contact you in an emergency.
Email us at [email protected] or call 1-866-463-0070 (Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to check or update your contact information.
- If financially possible, make arrangements for a backup power supply.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
|Qualifying Medical Conditions||Qualifying Medical Devices||Devices that DO NOT Qualify|
|Compromised immune systemor life-threatening illness||Aerosol Tents||
|Hemiplegia||Air Mattress/Hospital Beds||Humidifiers|
|Multiple Sclerosis||Apnea Monitors||Pool or tank heaters|
|Paraplegia||Breather Machines (IPPB)||Saunas or hot tubs|
|Scleroderma||Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)||Whirlpool pumps|
|Electric Nerve Stimulators|
|Inhalation Pulmonary Pressure|
|Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)|
|Lympha Press Devices|
|Pulse Oximeters/Monitors (must be used with other medical devices, cannot be powered by battery)|
|Respirators (all types)|
|Total Artificial Heart (TAH-t)|
|The Vest/Airway Clearance System|
Renewing Your Application
If you're enrolled in the Medical Baseline Program, at some point, you'll be asked to renew your application.
If the doctor certifies the medical condition is not permanent, we'll require completion of a form self-certifying your continued eligibility for the Medical Baseline Allowance each year and completion of a new application with a doctor's certification every two years.
If the doctor certifies the medical condition is permanent, we'll require completion of a form self-certifying your continued eligibility for the Medical Baseline Allowance every two years. If you fall into this group, we'll send you a renewal notice in the mail.
If you’re enrolled in Medical Baseline and move, your savings does not automatically transfer with you. You'll need to contact us at [email protected] or call 1-866-463-0070 Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.