Need more time to pay your bill? We can help. We offer payment arrangement options to pay your bill and manage your budget.
Set Up Payment Arrangements with My Account
My Account is an easy, secure way to set up and manage your payment arrangements online.
- Choose from a payment extension or payment plan, as eligible.
- Set up, view or cancel your payment arrangement online — all without needing to call.
Set up Payment Arrangements on the SDG&E mobile app
Log into the mobile app:
- On the Home screen, tap More in the navigation at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, tap Billing Programs.
- Tap Payment Arrangements.
- Select from a Payment Extension or Payment Plan, if qualified
New to the mobile app? Download it today.
Payment Arrangement Options
We offer the following options to help you pay your bill.
- Payment Extension: Extend your bill’s due date to give yourself more time to pay.
- Payment Plan: Split your bill payments over time with a down payment and monthly installments.
Monthly installments are included in the amount due for subsequent bills.
There are no fees or interest associated with either payment arrangement option. When you set up a payment arrangement, you commit to making a payment by a specific date.
Eligibility for Payment Arrangements
Most residential and business accounts are eligible for payment arrangements.
An account may not be eligible for one of the following reasons:
- Exceeded maximum allowed number of payment extensions
- Previously broken arrangements
- Net Energy Metering True-Up Bill
- Enrollment on a different payment arrangement or plan
- Closed account
Tips to Manage Your Payment Arrangement
Yes, your CCA or ESP charges are included any time you set up a payment arrangement.
Payment arrangements can be canceled or changed at any time.
- To cancel your payment arrangement, go to My Account and click or tap the Cancel button.
- To change your payment arrangement, go to My Account and click or tap Cancel. Then click or tap Enroll to select a new payment arrangement option.
Please keep in mind the following:
- If you cancel or change your payment arrangements frequently, your account may become ineligible for payment arrangements in the future.
- If you cancel your payment arrangement, your account balance will become due, and you will be at risk for disconnection.
- If you are on Auto Pay and have a past-due balance, the past-due balance will be automatically deducted and paid immediately.
If you pay in full, your account will have a credit balance. We will apply the credit balance to pay off your arrangement on your subsequent bills.
- An account can only have one payment arrangement at a time.
- If you need to change your payment arrangement, go to My Account and click or tap Cancel. Then click or tap Enroll to select a new payment arrangement option.
- If you have multiple accounts, you can set up a payment arrangement for each separate account.
Additional Resources to Help You Pay Your Bill
Arrearage Management Payment (AMP) Plan
If you’re a CARE or FERA customer and have outstanding bills that are past due, you may be eligible for debt forgiveness through our Arrearage Management Payment (AMP) Plan.
View All Assistance Programs
There are many assistance programs available to help you with your monthly utility bills. Find out if you qualify.