If You Need to Change the Name on the Account Due to the Death of a Spouse

Use these resources to help reconcile name changes on the account and have it switched to your name.

If You’re the Spouse/Domestic Partner

When the primary customer listed on the SDG&E bill account is deceased, the spouse or domestic partner may submit the form below to change the account to their name.

When the name change is made, the spouse or domestic partner will assume the current account number, credit history, account open date, and account balance.

All Other Requests

If you’re not the spouse or domestic partner of the primary customer of record and need to change the name on the account, please create a new account.

Request Form

Please use this form to change the name on an account. Fields marked with * are required.