Request Name Change on Account
Change the name of the account holder on your residential or business accounts.
If You're a Residential Customer
Update your primary holder name online. Types of changes include:
- Corrections to misspellings
- Legal Name Changes, e.g. due to marriage or divorce
- Account holder changes related to deceased spouse or partner
If You're a Business Customer
Existing Business - Misspelled
To correct misspellings in your business name, submit your request online.
Applicable to business customers keeping the same Federal Tax Identification (FTI).
Existing Business - Name Change
To change your business name to a new name, we need verification from the state.
Applicable to business customers keeping the same FTI.
- Obtain letter from Secretary of State by calling Sacramento office at (916) 657-5448.
- Email or FAX letter to our Special Services Desk with additional information:
- Subject Line: Commercial business name change request
- Business name and service address
- Contact name, Job title and phone number
Send the documentation to SDG&E by email, mail or FAX
Special Services Desk, CP-62A
P.O. Box 129831
San Diego, CA 92112-9831
FAX : 1-858-636-7719
Attention: Special Services Desk
New Business or Other Reasons
If your new business is moving into a prior business's address or your business's name is changing for other reasons, call our Business Care Center at 1-800-336-7343.