Our employees support hundreds of causes in the community, working with local charitable organizations that matter most to them and their families.
SDG&E takes pride in giving back to the communities where our employees live and work by volunteering shoulder-to-shoulder with hundreds of local nonprofit organizations.
From our Environmental All Stars program to our long-standing participation in San Diego Pride, we encourage SDG&E employees and their families to participate in our many volunteer events.
SDGE’s community volunteer efforts include the following:
- 1,425 Team SDG&E volunteers engaged in 2022
- 53 SDGivE employee-led holiday volunteer projects
- 1,275 hours volunteered at Environmental All Stars activities to support climate resiliency efforts
- 20 consecutive years of volunteerism at I Love A Clean San Diego’s Coastal Cleanup Day
- 10 years of habitat restoration with San Diego Audubon Society
SDG&E and Camp NAWIC Build Future Leaders in Construction
Camp NAWIC is a life-changing, one-week summer camp that opens the doors for girls (grades 7-12) to gain exposure to careers in various construction trades.
As part of a collaboration between Camp NAWIC and SDG&E’s #BeThatGirl initiative, women SDG&E mentors lead hands-on activities that encourage and influence campers to get involved in STEM fields.