Enhance Your Customer Experience and Save Money at the Same Time
SDG&E offers rebates on new foodservice equipment including ice machines, convection ovens, griddles, and more.
How to Apply
- Review the Energy Efficiency Business Rebates Handbook for an overview of policies and procedures.
- Browse our new consolidated Product Catalog to find rebate-eligible items: Consolidated Product Catalog (pdf)
- The following project types require a site inspection be conducted before existing equipment is modified or new equipment is installed:
- Projects applying for On-Bill Financing
- All products found in the DEER Section
- Various other products that are identified in the product catalog
- Previous participation (if occurred within last 5 years)
- If your project requires a pre-inspection, you must wait for a notice to proceed from SDG&E before any equipment can be modified or installed.
Submitting Your Online Rebate Application
A trade professional and/or business customer must complete and submit the appropriate rebate application online.
For projects not requiring pre-inspection: Fill out as much information as possible and submit the online application. Within three business days, you’ll receive a notification regarding completing the online application.
For projects requiring pre-inspection: You must complete and submit your application, then wait (up to three business days) for a notice to proceed from SDG&E before any equipment can be modified or installed.
*Completing step 1 does NOT guarantee a rebate. Only by completing step 2 (below) will your project be eligible for a rebate.
Click here to initiate the online application
After submitting your online application, download and save the application confirmation for your records.
We’ll need a signature on the rebate application to begin processing. This can be done by downloading the Business Rebates program application (pdf), filling out the application with the appropriate information (refer to your saved, downloaded document), printing out the document, and signing it. Then scan the signed document and upload it to the Installation Documents section in step 4 below.
Make sure you have your enrollment number and account number before you proceed with this step.
Once you receive notification and the products have been installed, the links below let you complete the application. You can also use the links to check on the status of the rebate application.
- Remember to upload the signed application in the Installation Documents section.
- Submit a completed W-9 (pdf), if you have not already done so for our records, in the Installation Documents section.
- When filling out the installation information please review our Invoice Guidelines and our Business Rebates Sample Invoice for assistance.
- Non-Lighting Rebates - How to Apply
- Several products offered through our rebates program are provided at no cost or at a discount for qualified customers. Visit the Business Energy Solutions program page for information.
- Check out our Trade Professional Directory to select a local Trade Professional who can help you kick-start your energy savings project.
- Automated Benchmarking Service: Before you take steps to reduce your energy use, it's helpful to build a complete picture about how your facility currently uses energy. Benchmarking provides you with an easy way to assess and monitor your energy use. Find out about our no-cost, easy-to-use Automated Benchmarking Service.