Small Business Opportunities
The Small Business Opportunities (SBO) Program is intended to help reduce energy expenses for eligible SDG&E business customers who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program is implemented by Willdan Energy Solutions on behalf of SDG&E.
What Is the SBO Program?
The Small Business Opportunities (SBO) Program provides customers with one-on-one energy management coaching, via Energy Ambassadors, to help small business customers reduce their bill arrearages and maintain consistent bill savings. The program’s goal is for customers to continue saving on their bill after their energy management coaching sessions have ended.
Who Is Eligible for SBO?
The SBO Program is available to select SDG&E small business customers who are located in disadvantaged communities and have bill arrearages (past-due bills that are COVID-19 related). Eligible customers will be contacted directly by Willdan Energy Solutions.
What Benefits Could Customers Receive from SBO?
Eligible customers may receive the following services and support from a dedicated Energy Ambassador at no cost:
- Energy Assessment – an on-site energy assessment to identify no- and low-cost opportunities to reduce energy costs
- Coaching Sessions – a total of four energy management coaching sessions, in which a coach will:
- Review the cheapest rate options, if applicable, that meet your business’ specific needs.
- Discuss and refer energy-efficiency programs, offered by the applicable utility, that may help offset costs related to energy project installation.
- Guide efforts in energy project development.
- Energy Saving Recommendations – a list of energy-efficiency and demand response programs offered by SDG&E for small businesses
- Rate Review – a review of current and available rate information
This Statewide Program is funded by California utility ratepayers under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission (“CPUC”) and is implemented by Willdan to SDG&E customers through a contract with San Diego Gas & Electric Company. This Program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and Program funds are provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until Program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. Customers who choose to participate in this Program are not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by the Program Implementer. The trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners. Actual savings may vary and will depend on various factors, including geographic location, weather conditions, equipment installed, usage rates and similar factors.