Technology Incentives Program
Save money and energy year-round with our Technology Incentives (TI) Program, which offers eligible business customers financial incentives for the purchase and installation of an energy management system (EMS).
How It Works
Our Technology Incentives Program offers incentives to business customers to help with the purchase and installation of EMS controls and/or equipment, helping save all year by monitoring, controlling and optimizing energy use.
The program offers eligible business customers up to two-hundred dollars per kilowatt ($200.00/kW) of approved, installed and verified kilowatt (kW) reduction from a load shed test. The total incentive is limited to 75% of the total project cost.
How to Apply
You can apply in two ways:
- Submit your application and all of the required documents via our online application
- Download Technology Incentives Project Application, fill out and submit your completed application and all supporting documentation listed below via email to [email protected].
All submissions must be in an open excel format and include:
- A complete list of automated demand response (ADR) control points
- A list of hardware
- All spec sheets installed with the project
- The estimated kilowatt reduction per automated demand response measure
- Your certification of ADR 2.0a compliance (pdf) as of the current year
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ll contact you to either clarify additional questions or approve the project
Yes, we’ll will work with you to schedule and conduct a pre-inspection of your facility
After the project has been approved and the pre-inspection completed then we’ll issue an agreement authorizing work to begin
Once installation is complete, you'll need to provide an installation report and an invoice template that’s prepared in accordance with our project invoice guidelines.
We’ll work with you to schedule and conduct a load-shed test of the equipment.
Based on load-shed test performance, we’ll issue the incentive check in the appropriate amount.
If you have additional questions, contact our Demand Response Programs group at 866-377-4735 or email [email protected].
Additional Program Documents
The Technology Incentive Program’s incentives are paid on a first-come, first served basis until program funds are no longer available or until the Technology Incentive Program is terminated, whichever comes first. The Program is administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission and may be modified or terminated at any time.