Big savings on electric vehicles for SDG&E customers
SDG&E customers looking to experience the excitement of driving electric are being offered $10,000 off the purchase of 2018 BMW i3 and i3s models *, and $3,000 off the 2018 Nissan Leaf. Additionally, you may be eligible to receive up to $10,000 in state cash rebate and federal tax credit incentives.
Additional cost savings may come from lower maintenance and charging costs. All-electric cars do not need oil changes and require less repairs. Drivers qualify for SDG&E’s electric vehicle (EV) time-of-use rate that provides the lowest cost to charge your car. Live in an apartment? Ask your property manager about our low-cost EV charger program called Power Your Drive .
Electric cars on freeways and neighborhood streets in the San Diego region reduce greenhouse gases and improves air quality. Moreover, when EVs plug into SDG&E’s grid they receive 45% renewable energy and no coal.
How to Qualify
To take advantage of the BMW deal, bring your SDG&E bill and a completed Customer Information Form (CIF) to your local BMW dealership.
For the Nissan incentive, bring your SDG&E bill and a copy of this flyer to a participating dealership.
For both BMW and Nissan, please bring in your household bill, even if your name is not on it, along with your driver’s license to show proof of residency.
The incentive qualifies for purchases and financing at any authorized BMW and Nissan dealerships in SDG&E’s territory. See BMW dealerships at bmwusa.com/dealerlocator and Nissan dealerships at nissanusa.com/nissandealers/ .
This Nissan offer is valid through September 30, 2018. The BMW offer is valid through October 1, 2018 or while vehicle supplies last, whichever comes first.
Incentives and Resources
There are numerous incentives and resources for EV drivers:
- State rebate. You can receive up to $2,500 in the form of a state rebate for purchasing or leasing an EV. There is currently a waitlist for these rebates. Qualified lower-income applications can receive up to $4,500.
- Federal tax credit. Purchases of EVs can receive a federal tax credit up to $7,500.
- Carpool lane. Drive in the carpool lane with just one person, apply here.
- EV Time-of-Use Rates. With EV time-of-use rates you can save money when you program your car to charge during the cheapest times of night.
- Live in an apartment or condo? Ask your property manager about our new low-cost EV charger program called Power Your Drive .
- Looking for free public charging? Ask BMW about their free charging programs at select public charging stations. For more information visit chargenowusa.com.
- Annual bill credit. Sign up to get an annual bill credit from SDG&E for driving an electric car. In 2017, drivers received $200 each from the EV Climate Credit program.
Charging Your EV
All EVs come with a cord that plugs into a 120-volt outlet, so you can begin charging right away. To charge your car faster, contact a certified electrician to install a Level 2 (240-volt) charging station. Visit the SDG&E Marketplace for a list of Level 2 chargers. By signing up for the SDG&E EV time-of-use rate, you can program your car to charge during the cheapest times of night.
In SDG&E’s territory there are more than 1,100 public charging stations. BMW offers free charging at select public charging stations. For more information visit chargenowusa.com.
* $10,000 BMW i3 Purchase Incentive is available for SDG&E customers on the purchase of a new BMW i3 or BMWi3s. SDG&E customer have to provide their own source of funding or finance through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. Cannot be combined with other offers. Specific vehicles are subject to availability and may have to be ordered. Visit your authorized BMW center for important details. Offer valid through July 31.
If your name is not on the bill, but you live in the same household you must show the utility bill along with proof of residency from your driver’s license.
Bring a copy of your SDG&E bill with your name and a copy of the flyer for Nissan, or a completed Customer Information Form for BMW, to the participating dealerships. If your name is not on the bill, but you live at the residence, bring a copy of the bill along with your driver’s license showing proof of residency at that address.
No, the state cash rebate and federal tax credit are in addition to the Nissan and BMW incentives. The federal tax credit only qualifies for purchases. The state rebate is being waitlisted for some participants. Visit cleanvehiclerebate.org for more details.
The Nissan promotions ends on June 30, 2018. The BMW promotion ends on July 31, 2018. These are limited time offers and only while supplies last.
If your color is not in stock, check out another authorized Nissan or BMW dealership. You can find another BMW dealership at bmwusa.com/dealerlocator or have your local dealer order the vehicle for you. Any orders submitted before July 31, 2018 are eligible for the $10,000 incentive.
This promotion is being offered by BMW to SDG&E customers at BMW sole discretion, and SDG&E is providing this material as a convenience and for informational purposes only. No ratepayer funds were used to support this program. SDG&E is not a sponsor, promoter, retailer or contractor of BMW and obtains no direct monetary benefit from the provision of this information to its customers, and does not provide vehicle information or advice. SDG&E MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR COVENANTS OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS DISCOUNT, THE PROMOTION, THE AVAILABILITY OF ANY MODEL OR TYPE OF ANY VEHICLE, OR THE SAFETY, RELIABILITY, COST, VALUE, ENERGY USAGE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY VEHICLE OFFERED UNDER THIS PROGRAM OR DISCOUNT, AND SDG&E DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING SUCH VEHICLES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SDG&E disclaims and will not take responsibility for any damages of any type arising out of this promotion. Customers should check with their dealership to obtain information about any vehicle offered for discount pursuant to this promotion.