Thermostat Programs that help Save the Day
Whether you’re home or away, a smart thermostat can be adjusted through a simple app - bringing you comfort, ease of mind and continued savings off your energy bill. And, you can put your smart thermostat to good use and earn rewards through SDG&E’s incentive offers.
Simply enroll your thermostat in an energy conservation program through SDG&E or a third party and receive a $50 e-gift card for each thermostat you enroll (limit of 2). Program offerings include:
SDG&E AC Saver Thermostat1
- Your thermostat settings will be remotely adjusted when conservation is needed, between noon and 9 p.m. for no more than 4 hours
- You will be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day if you cannot participate
- You will receive another $20 at the end of 2019 when you stay enrolled through October 31st and your thermostat stays connected to wi-fi
Third Party Programs
- You will continue to participate with the third party you enrolled with
- Your thermostat settings will not be adjusted by SDG&E but may be adjusted by your third party
- An SDG&E approved smart thermostat (view approved models or shop the latest from Nest and EcoBee at the SDG&E Marketplace)
- An SDG&E account with a smart meter
- A Wi-Fi network compatible with your smart thermostat
- A working central air conditioning unit controlled by your smart thermostat
- You are not currently enrolled in the AC Saver program
- Customers with solar panels must enroll in time of use plus rate plan. Go to MyAccount for more information.
- If you've received an energy efficiency rebate for a smart thermostat, you're still eligible; however, you must not have received a thermostat incentive from a Save the Day offer in the past 5 years.
- Limit of two thermostats per household.
1If you are already enrolled on a TOU plus rate plan you will receive a $50 e-gift card for each thermostat you enroll (limit of 2). Your thermostat settings will be remotely adjusted on Reduce Your Use days, between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. You will be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
Disclaimer: This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.