Get up to $70 cash back with Smart Thermostat Programs
Smart thermostats are a great way to reduce your home's energy use while providing comfort and savings. We offer valuable incentives that can help you get up to $70 cash back!
SDG&E's AC Saver Thermostat Program
How it works:
- Your thermostat settings will be remotely adjusted when conservation is needed, between Noon and 9 p.m., for no more than 4 hours.
- You'll be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- By registering your thermostat, you'll receive $50 cash back. Limit 2 thermostats.
- Additionally, at the end of 2020, you'll receive $20 cash back if your thermostat(s) stay connected to Wi-Fi and you stay enrolled through October 31, 2020.
- If you're already enrolled in a Time-of-Use Plus rate plan, please see below1
Third Party Thermostat Program
How it works:
- Sign up for a third party smart thermostat program and receive $50 cash back from SDG&E.
- Participation rules will be determined by the third party.
- Your thermostat settings be adjusted by the third party, not SDG&E.
- The third party will be responsible for any additional incentives for participation (if available).
Register Your Thermostat
- Use an SDG&E approved smart thermostat. Visit SDG&E Marketplace to view approved ecobee and Google Nest models.
- Have an SDG&E account with a smart meter.
- Have a Wi-Fi network compatible with your smart thermostat.
- Have a working central air conditioning unit controlled by your smart thermostat.
- Currently not be enrolled in the AC Saver (Summer Saver) program.
- Enroll in a Time-of-Use Plus rate plan if you have solar panels. Visit MyAccount for more information.
- Not have received a thermostat incentive from the Save the Day program in the past 8 years. However, if you've received an smart thermostat rebate through our energy efficiency programs, you're still eligible.
Disclaimer: This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.