Get up to $70 with our Residential
AC Saver Thermostat Program
Smart thermostats are a great way to reduce your home's energy use while providing comfort and savings. We offer valuable incentives that can help
you get up to $70!
For business customers, click here.
SDG&E's AC Saver Thermostat Program
How it works:
- Your thermostat settings will be remotely adjusted when conservation is needed, between Noon and 9 p.m., for no more than 4 hours.
- You'll be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- By registering your thermostat, you'll receive $50. Limit 2 thermostats.
- Additionally, at the end of 2021, you'll receive $20 if your thermostat(s) stay connected to Wi-Fi and you stay enrolled through October 31st of the current year.
- If you're already enrolled in a Time-of-Use Plus rate plan, please see below1
**Note: You must enroll by September 15 to receive this year’s $20 bill credit.
Third-Party Thermostat Program
How it works:
- Sign up for a third-party smart thermostat program and receive $50 from SDG&E.
- Participation rules will be determined by the third party.
- Your thermostat settings will be adjusted by the third party, not SDG&E.
- The third party will be responsible for any additional incentives for participation (if available).
Register Your Thermostat
Program Approved Thermostats
Ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee EMS Si, ecobee Smart Thermostat with voice control.
Honeywell Home T-series (T5, T6, T9, T10) or the Round Smart Thermostat or Honeywell Home Total Connect Comfort FocusPRO, VisionPRO, or Wi-Fi series.
- Use an SDG&E-approved smart thermostat.
- Have an SDG&E electric account with a smart meter.
- Have a Wi-Fi network compatible with your smart thermostat.
- Have a working central air conditioning unit controlled by your smart thermostat.
- Currently not be enrolled in the AC Saver (Summer Saver) program.
- Enroll in a Time-of-Use Plus rate plan if you have solar panels. Visit MyAccount for more information.
- Not have received a thermostat incentive from this program in the past 8 years. However, if you've received a smart thermostat rebate through our energy efficiency programs, you're still eligible.
If you would like to disenroll from the AC Saver program or you are enrolled on the TOU plus rate plan and would like SDG&E to stop adjusting your thermostat setting you must e-mail [email protected] or call 1-800-644-6133.
If you're already enrolled on a TOU Plus rate plan you'll receive $50 for each thermostat you enroll (limit of 2). Your thermostat settings will be remotely adjusted on Reduce Your Use days, between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. You'll be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day if you cannot participate. If you are on a TOU Plus plan you are not eligible for the year-end $20.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.