Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program
Apply for the ESA Program to receive no-cost home energy upgrades.
About the ESA Program
Whether you rent or own, the Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) program can provide no-cost energy-efficient home improvements that save you money and make your home more comfortable.
How to Enroll
- Review the “Program Eligibility” details below to see if you qualify.
- Submit the ESA Interest Form. To claim more potential savings, you can also take an optional home survey.
- An ESA program specialist will contact you to confirm your eligibility and schedule an in-home visit and assessment with a contractor.
- A contractor will complete an in-home assessment and provide upgrade options.
- Once upgrades are confirmed, the contractor will return to your home to install your home improvements. You may have an additional visit for inspection of new improvements.
To qualify for the ESA program, you must …
- Have an active SDG&E service account.
- Be a homeowner or renter who receives electric services through a residential meter.
- Reside in a single-family or mobile home. Because residences with four (4) or fewer units are considered single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes qualify for ESA.*
- Meet appliance replacement/installation requirements for each service.
- Participate in one or more qualifying public assistance programs (Option 1 below) OR have a qualifying income level (Option 2 below).
* Because residences with four (4) or fewer units are considered single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes qualify for ESA.
* Maximum combined annual income is the total income of all persons living in your single-family house, condo, apartment or mobile home.
Program Products and Services
Qualified ESA customers have two options for service: ESA Basic and ESA Basic Plus. ESA Basic customers do not need to provide additional information or documentation to receive products or services, while ESA Basic Plus customers must provide additional income documentation to receive products or services.
Please note that not all customers will qualify for all products or servicesxisting appliances must meet age requirements to qualify for replacement. Additionally, a co-pay may be required for landlords who own appliances and pay tenant utility bills.