Power Your Drive Provides Low-Cost EV Charging Stations.
We’re on a mission to help everyone in San Diego make the switch to electric vehicles, and that means making EVs accessible to residents in apartments and condos and employees at workplaces. For sites located in a disadvantaged community, you may be eligible for EV chargers at no out-of-pocket cost to you as well as no-cost maintenance from SDG&E.
Your Residents and Employees Can Go Green and You Benefit, Too!
Besides helping promote energy conservation, having a high-quality charging station is a great perk for attracting new tenants. Plus, there’s virtually no work for you and all energy is billed directly to your tenants or employees.
Your benefits include:
All maintenance and service
Complete, personalized support
Usage is limited just for you and your tenants; charging stations not open to the general public.
No impact to your facility’s electric panel.
It’s a great way to demonstrate your commitment to clean air.
No cost to you for energy consumption: we bill residents directly.
Stand out from the competition with this desirable perk.
To qualify, you must:
Be able to dedicate 5 parking spaces if you own an apartment or condo building or 10 spaces if you are interested in workplace charging for your business.
Agree to a License Agreement for the charging facilities.
Make a one-time participation payment (if applicable).
Promote the use of EVS and your private chargers.
Get Started in 5 Simple Steps
- Submit your application.
- Take a 20-minute call so we can tell you more about Power Your Drive and learn about your charging needs.
- Agree to our License Agreement and submit your form.
- Meet with us for a site visit so we can finalize the location for the chargers.
- Select an EV provider and let us take care of the rest.
Before You Set Up Your Charging Stations
Thank you for choosing Power Your Drive. Before your residents can start charging their EVs, you’ll need to approve preliminary designs and then select a charging station vendor. It is important to understand all of your options, so make sure you ask lots of questions.
- Your charging stations will all be from the same vendor to make it easier for you and your drivers.
- SDG&E will help you determine which options work best for your location.
- The approved Power Your Drive charging stations are included in the program at no additional cost. No other chargers can be substituted.
- The charging vendors may offer additional services, like managed parking, fleet EV management, or load management. These charges are not included with the Power Your Drive program, so they may cost you extra.