Sign in with My Account 2-Step Verification
As part of SDG&E’s commitment to our customers' online account security, we enabled 2-Step Verification for My Account customers during February and March, 2022.
Chat Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm excluding holidays.
We value your business. Unfortunately, you have reached us outside of our normal business hours. Please visit our convenient self-service options to assist you with your needs at this time.
Yes, you can still turn on 2-Step Verification to add the extra layer of security to your online account.
First, add your mobile number.
- From My Account, go to Account > My Profile.
- Under My Information, scroll to your phone and email contacts.
- Click the pencil icon to add your mobile phone number.
Next, turn on 2-Step Verification
- Scroll to Enable 2-Step Verification.
- Click the toggle option from white to blue. Blue means it's on.
- Select Confirm. You're done!
We recommend keeping this setting enabled for the added layer of security for your protection. 2-step verification adds another layer of security to the login process, making it harder for attackers to gain access to your account. So, even if your password is hacked, it is not enough to access your account.
However, if you want to disable it, here’s how:
- Log into My Account.
- Click Account from the main navigation and then click My Profile.
- Scroll to the Enable 2-Step Verification section under your contact information. Click the toggle from blue to white.
If you are having issues receiving your verification code, we encourage you to check with your mobile carrier as they may be experiencing service-related issues or outages.
Yes, you still need to enter a verification code. This security feature applies to our website and mobile apps.