Generator Assistance Program
Save $300 or more on a new generator*
Rebate request deadline is December 30, 2020 and coupons expire on December 31, 2020.
Due to the high demand for generator rebate coupons and the subsequent high call volume prior to the request deadline of 12/30/2020, please know we are returning calls as quickly as possible and will do our best to assist you into the new year.
Help Available for Qualified Customers
Preparing for wildfire season has become the new normal during this time of year, and your safety is our top priority. One of our preventative, last-resort measures to help protect against wildfires are Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events, and we want to help you be prepared. To help keep you ready for a PSPS, SDG&E is offering rebates on generators purchased from Lowe’s and Home Depot.
- Save $300 or more with rebates on qualified models from multiple name-brand manufacturers*
- This offer is available only through our instant rebate coupon
- A reliable generator will help keep you prepared for any power outages
- Due to severe weather events currently taking place throughout the United States, the national supply of generators is low. Some models may be out of stock. We suggest researching availability of models both online and in-store before selecting your coupon retailer and/or heading to the store.
- You must have an active SDG&E account
- You must reside in a high-fire threat area and have previously experienced a Public Safety Power Shutoff in 2019
*CARE customers who meet the criteria above are also eligible for an additional $150 rebate
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions and answers about these rebates.
SDG&E is offering incentives on certain generators to select customers who live in high-level fire risk areas of San Diego county. See above to learn all about the program.
This offer from SDG&E is only available by using instant rebate coupons provided after your account is validated and confirmed as eligible. Please click on the "Get Rebate" button above to confirm if you qualify and to learn about the generators and the incentives.
SDG&E has identified certain customers who reside in high-level fire risk areas. To find out if you qualify, please click on the "Get Rebate" button above.
There are several different generators available for this rebate. Please see listing in the "Participating Retailers and Eligible Models" section above.
SDG&E offers different incentives depending upon the generator you purchase. Please see content above or click on the "Get Rebate" button above to see all the qualifying generators and discounts.