Generator Assistance Program
Save $300 or more on a new generator*
Deadline to request an instant rebate coupon is November 30, 2021. All coupons expire on December 31, 2021.
Help Available for Qualified Customers
Preparing for wildfire season has become the new normal during this time of year, and we prioritize efforts to keep the region safe. One of our last-resort measures to help protect against wildfires are Public Safety Power Shutoff events, and we want you to be prepared. To help keep you and your family ready for a power shutoff, SDG&E is offering rebates on select generators and portable power stations purchased from Lowe’s and Home Depot.
- A reliable fuel generator will keep your household prepared for any power outages and a portable power station can provide backup power to household electrical devices or small appliances
- Save $300 or more* on fuel generators and $50 on portable power stations
- Rebates are available on multiple name-brand manufacturers
- This offer is only available on qualified models through an online instant rebate coupon
Eligibility for This Offer
- Offer available to current SDG&E customers only
- You must reside in a High Fire Threat District and have experienced one or more Public Safety Power Shutoffs in 2019 or 2020
- This offer is limited to one fuel generator and one portable power station per household
*Customers enrolled in CARE receive an additional $150 off fuel generators
How to Request Your Rebate Coupon
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above
- Review the List of Eligible Models and Participating Retail Locations below to see what models are eligible for the instant rebate. You may want to check with the listed retailers for current model stock and availability as it does fluctuate.
- Decide which retailer you want to purchase from (Lowes, Home Depot In-store, or Home Depot online)
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions and answers about these rebates.
SDG&E is offering incentives on certain generators to select customers who live in high-level fire risk areas of San Diego county. See above to learn all about the program.
SDG&E has identified certain customers who reside in high-level fire risk areas. To find out if you qualify, please click on the "Get Rebate" button above.
There are several different generators available for this rebate. Please see listing in the "Participating Retailers and Eligible Models" section above.