Generator Assistance Program
Save $300 on a new fuel generator or $100 on a new portable power station.
The 2023 Generator Assistance Program is now closed for new requests. Qualified customers will receive an email or a letter in the mail in mid-2024 once the program relaunches. Please ensure your contact information is up to date by calling 1-800-411-7343.
Help Available for Qualified Customers
One of our last-resort measures to protect against wildfires is a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS). To help prepare you and your family for a possible PSPS, SDG&E is offering rebates on qualified purchases of select generators and portable power stations.
- A reliable fuel generator will keep your household ready for any power outages, while a portable power station will provide backup power to household electrical devices or small appliances.
- Qualified customers can save $300 on fuel generators and $100 on portable power stations.*
- NEW for 2023: All eligible customers now have a choice of how to receive a rebate –
- A post-purchase rebate application, which allows you to choose from a larger selection of qualified models from any retailer and then submit an online application for a rebate check by mail; OR
- An instant rebate coupon, which provides an instant discount at the point of purchase on a smaller selection of qualified models from two retailers.
Eligibility for this Post-Purchase Rebate Offer
- You must be a current SDG&E customer.
- You must reside in a High Fire Threat District (HFTD) Tier 2 or 3 and have experienced one or more Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) in 2019 through 2021.
- This offer is limited to one fuel generator rebate and one portable power station rebate per household, for purchases made in 2023 of qualified brand-new models.
- Please note: Eligible fuel generators must be listed as California CARB compliant, have a CO (carbon monoxide) sensor, and have a CO (carbon monoxide) shut off feature. Fuel generators without these specifications and/or features will not be eligible for a rebate.
- If you have already received a rebate in a previous program year, you are not eligible to receive an additional rebate through this program.
How to Participate in this Offer
Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above. Complete and submit your online rebate application, along with proof of purchase. *
*Proof of purchase must include an itemized receipt clearly displaying all the information below:
- Date of purchase
- Retailer information
- Product model and/or SKU information
- Retail price
- Purchase price (showing any other discounts received)
Please note: If you are enrolled in CARE or FERA, you will receive a $450 rebate (fuel generators) or a $150 rebate (power stations) automatically when you receive a rebate check by mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions and answers about the Generator Assistance Program rebates.
SDG&E is offering incentives on certain generators and portable power stations to select customers who live in high-level fire risk areas of San Diego County. Read the previous sections on this page to learn more about the Generator Assistance Program.
Qualifying customers must meet all requirements listed under the "Eligibility for this Rebate Offer" section above. All qualifying customers will be sent an email or letter with an explanation of how to apply for a rebate.
Note: To receive a rebate if your household qualifies, you must adhere to the terms and conditions listed for each product. Purchases of products that do not meet the program or product terms and conditions will not be eligible for a rebate.
Each qualifying household is eligible to receive one fuel generator rebate and one portable power station rebate (unless you have already received a rebate for that product).