Generator Assistance Program
Save $300 on a new generator or $100 on a new portable power station.
Supplies fluctuate during wildfire season, so act now to receive this offer!
Help Available for Qualified Customers
One of our last-resort measures to protect against wildfires is a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS). To help prepare you and your family for a possible PSPS, SDG&E is offering rebates on qualified purchases of select generators and portable power stations.
- A reliable fuel generator will keep your household ready for any power outages, while a portable power station will provide backup power to household electrical devices or small appliances.
- Qualified customers can save $300 on fuel generators and $100 on portable power stations.
- NEW for 2022: The post-purchase rebate application allows you to purchase from a larger selection of fuel generators — and from any retailer!
- Rebates are only available on models listed on the Qualified Product List, attached as a PDF below.
Eligibility for this Post-Purchase Rebate Offer
- You must be a current SDG&E customer.
- You must reside in a High Fire Threat District (HFTD) Tier 2 or 3 and have experienced one or more Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) in 2019 through 2021.
- This offer is limited to one fuel generator rebate and one portable power station rebate per household, for purchases made in 2022 of qualified models.
- Eligible products are listed in the "Qualified Product List" below.
- Please note: Eligible fuel generators must be listed as California CARB compliant, have a CO (carbon monoxide) sensor, and have a CO (carbon monoxide) shut off feature. Fuel generators without these specifications and/or features will not be eligible for a rebate.
- If you have already received a rebate in a previous program year, you are not eligible to receive an additional rebate through this program.
How to Participate in this Offer
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
- Review the Qualified Product List below to see which models are eligible for a rebate. You may want to check for current model stock and availability, as stock and availability fluctuates.
- Click the Get Rebate button below, and create your account. Then complete and submit your online rebate application, along with proof of purchase.*
*Proof of purchase must include an itemized receipt clearly displaying all the information below:
- Date of purchase
- Retailer information
- Product model and/or SKU information
- Retail Price
- Purchase Price (showing any other discounts received)
Please note: If you are enrolled in CARE or FERA, you will receive a $450 rebate (fuel generators) or $150 rebate (power stations) automatically when you receive the rebate check by mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions and answers about the Generator Assistance Program rebates.
SDG&E is offering incentives on certain generators and portable power stations to select customers who live in high-level fire risk areas of San Diego County. Read the previous sections on this page to learn more about the Generator Assistance Program.
Qualifying customers must meet all requirements listed under the "Eligibility for this Post-Purchase Rebate Offer" section above. All qualifying customers will be sent an email or letter with an explanation of how to apply for a rebate.
Note: To receive a rebate if your household qualifies, you must adhere to the terms and conditions listed for each product. Purchases of products that do not meet the program or product terms and conditions will not be eligible for a rebate.
There are several generators available for this rebate. Please see the full listing in the "Qualified Product List and Participating Retail Locations,” attached as a PDF above.
Each qualifying household is eligible to receive one fuel generator rebate and one portable power station rebate (unless you have already received a rebate for that product).
You can expect to get your rebate check within four to six weeks. If you have not received your rebate after six weeks, please send an inquiry to [email protected]. (CLEAResult is the authorized contractor for this program.)
This program has been changed to a post-purchase rebate to allow for eligible customers to choose from a wider selection of manufacturers and models. Eligible customers can also now purchase a generator or portable power station from any retailer and receive a rebate IF the generator or portable power station is listed in the “Qualified Product List and Participating Retail Locations,” attached as a PDF above.
Eligible customers who are enrolled in our CARE or FERA programs have the option to select an instant rebate coupon for the purchase of a qualified generator or portable power station at The Home Depot or Lowe’s.