Our Smart Thermostat Program can help "Save the Day"
Smart thermostats are a great way for your business to save energy and money. They can be adjusted remotely, allowing your business to optimize its system performance, run energy-efficient schedules and have greater control.
When you participate in our Smart Thermostat Program, we adjust your thermostat(s) remotely when a Reduce Your Use (RYU), Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) or AC Saver (Day Ahead) day is called. These days are called when energy reduction is needed.
How the Program Works
- If you’re on a CPP-D rate, your thermostat will be adjusted when a CPP day is called from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. CPP days can be called all year long, but typically occur between May – October.
- If you’re on a Time of Use Plus rate, your thermostat will be adjusted when a RYU day is called from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. RYU days can be called all year long, but typically occur between May – October.
- If you’re on a different rate, but participate in the AC Saver (Day Ahead) program, your thermostat will be adjusted when an AC Saver (Day Ahead) day is called between 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. The adjustment will only last 2 to 4 hours. AC Saver days only occur between April – October.
If you’re not sure what rate you’re on, please visit sdge.com/myaccount.
- You'll receive a day-ahead advanced notification before the event day is called.
- Your thermostat will be adjusted for no more than 4 hours.
- You may opt-out of the setting adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- If you can participate, you'll reduce the amount of energy you use, in turn, saving money during these peak hours.
- If you’re on a CPP-D or TOU Plus rate and opt-out that day, you'll pay a higher rate for that time period. Those participating in the AC Saver (Day Ahead) program will not pay a higher rate if they opt-out.
- We'll not call more than 18 RYU or 18 CPP days in a calendar year. AC Saver (Day Ahead) has a limit of 80 hours per year.
Your business must be on a Smart Meter.
- Your business must have a central air conditioner controlled by qualified smart thermostat.
- Your business must be enrolled in CPP-D or TOU Plus pricing plan, or participate in the AC Saver (Day Ahead) program.
- Your business cannot be enrolled in the AC Saver (Summer Saver) program.
If you're interested in upcoming thermostat programs, visit sdge.com/thermostats to join our interest list.
If you’re interested in other programs that can help your business save energy and money, visit sdge.com/savetheday.