Smart Thermostat Program for Business
Smart thermostats are a great way for your business to save energy and money. They can be adjusted remotely, allowing your business to optimize its system performance, run energy-efficient schedules and have greater control.
When you participate in our Smart Thermostat Program, we remotely adjust your thermostat(s) when a Reduce Your Use (RYU), Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) or AC Saver day is called. These are called when demand for energy is highest and reduction is needed.
Register Now and Get $50 For Each Thermostat*
As an added bonus, we'll give you $50 for every Nest or ecobee thermostat you register*. Make sure to send in your W-9 via the confirmation email that will be sent to you. Once we have this information, we can send you your check.
*Limit 4 thermostats total per business. Businesses with higher energy demand may qualify for more.
Register Your Thermostat
Register your Nest or ecobee thermostat here**. Simply click on the appropriate button below and follow the steps.
**Thermostats that are accepted - Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E, ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee EMS Si and ecobee Smart Thermostat with voice control
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E are registered trademarks of Nest Labs, Inc.
ecobee3, ecobee 3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee EMS Si and ecobee Smart Thermostat with voice control are registered trademarks of ecobee.
How the Program Works
- If you’re on a CPP-D rate, your thermostat will be adjusted when a CPP day is called from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. CPP days can be called all year long, but typically occur between May – October.
- If you’re on a Time of Use Plus rate, your thermostat will be adjusted when a RYU day is called from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. RYU days can be called all year long, but typically occur between May – October.
- If you’re on a different rate, but participate in the AC Saver Thermostat program, your thermostat will be adjusted when an AC Saver Thermostat activation is called between 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. The adjustment will only last 2 to 4 hours. AC Saver activations only occur between April – October.
If you’re not sure what rate you’re on, please visit sdge.com/myaccount.
Must be on a Smart Meter.
- Must have a central air conditioner controlled by qualified smart thermostat.
- Must be enrolled on a CPP-D or TOU Plus pricing plan, or participate in the AC Saver Thermostat program.
- Cannot be enrolled in the AC Saver (Summer Saver) program.
- Cannot have received a free thermostat or thermostat incentive from SDG&E in the past five years.
- You'll receive an advanced notification before the activation is called.
- Your thermostat will be adjusted for no more than 4 hours.
- You may opt-out of the setting adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- If you can participate, you'll reduce the amount of energy you use, in turn, saving money during these peak hours.
- If you’re on a CPP-D or TOU Plus rate and opt-out that day, you'll pay a higher rate for that time period. Those participating in the AC Saver Thermostat program will not pay a higher rate if they opt-out.
- We'll not call more than 18 RYU or 18 CPP days in a calendar year. AC Saver Thermostat can call up to 20 events or 80 hours per year, whichever comes first.
Third Party Programs
- You'll continue to participate with the third party you enrolled with.
- Your thermostat settings will not be adjusted by SDG&E but may be adjusted by your third party.
If you have questions regarding the program, eligibility or qualifying for more than four thermostats, email us at [email protected]. Or you can call 1-800-644-6133.
If you’re interested in other programs that can help your business save energy and money, visit sdge.com/savetheday.