Smart Thermostat Program for Business
Smart thermostats are a great way for your business to save energy and money. They can be adjusted remotely, allowing your business to optimize its system performance, run energy-efficient schedules and have greater control.
For residential customers, click here.
By participating in our Smart Thermostat Program, you are choosing to save energy by allowing us to remotely adjust your thermostat(s) when a Reduce Your Use (RYU), Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) or AC Saver day is called. These are called when demand for energy is highest and reduction is needed.
Register Now and Get $50 For Each Thermostat*
We'll give you $50 for every thermostat you register*. Make sure to send in your W-9 via the confirmation email that will be sent to you. Once we have this information, we can send you your check.
*Limit 4 thermostats total per business. Businesses with higher energy demand may qualify for more.
Register Your Thermostat
Register your ecobee or Honeywell Home thermostat here**. Simply click on the appropriate button below and follow the steps.
**Thermostats that are accepted - Honeywell Home T-9, Honeywell Home T-10, Honeywell Home Lyric model, Learning Thermostat, Thermostat E, ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee EMS Si and ecobee Smart Thermostat with voice control, ecobee3, ecobee 3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee EMS Si and ecobee Smart Thermostat with voice control are registered trademarks of ecobee.
How the Program Works
- If you’re on a CPP-D rate, your thermostat will be adjusted when a CPP day is called from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. CPP days can be called all year long, but typically occur between May – October.
- If you’re on a Time of Use Plus rate, your thermostat will be adjusted when a RYU day is called from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. RYU days can be called all year long, but typically occur between May – October.
- If you’re on a different rate, but participate in the AC Saver Thermostat program, your thermostat will be adjusted when an AC Saver Thermostat activation is called between 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. The adjustment will only last 2 to 4 hours. AC Saver activations only occur between April – October.
If you’re not sure what rate you’re on, please visit sdge.com/myaccount.
Must be on a Smart Meter.
- Must have a central air conditioner controlled by a qualified smart thermostat.
- Must be enrolled on a CPP-D or TOU Plus pricing plan, or participate in the AC Saver Thermostat program.
- Cannot be enrolled in the AC Saver (Summer Saver) program.
- Cannot have received a free thermostat or thermostat incentive from SDG&E in the past eight years.
- You'll receive an advanced notification before the activation is called.
- Your thermostat will be adjusted for no more than 4 hours.
- You may opt-out of the setting adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- If you can participate, you'll reduce the amount of energy you use, in turn, saving money during these peak hours.
- If you’re on a CPP-D or TOU Plus rate and opt-out that day, you'll pay a higher rate for that time period. Those participating in the AC Saver Thermostat program will not pay a higher rate if they opt-out.
- We won't call more than 18 RYU or 18 CPP days in a calendar year. The AC Saver Thermostat program can call up to 25 events per year of which 5 are reserved for emergency purposes only.
Third-Party Thermostat Program
How it works:
- Sign up for a third-party smart thermostat program and receive $50 from SDG&E.
- Participation rules will be determined by the third party.
- Your thermostat settings will be adjusted by the third party, not SDG&E.
- The third party will be responsible for any additional incentives for participation (if available).
If you have questions regarding the program, eligibility or qualifying for more than four thermostats, email us at [email protected]. Or you can call the Energy Saving's Call Center at 1-800-644-6133.
If you would like SDG&E to stop adjusting your thermostat settings you must email us at [email protected]. Or you can call the Energy Saving's Call Center at 1-800-644-6133.
If you’re interested in other programs that can help your business save energy and money, visit sdge.com/business/save-energy-and-money
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.