Plan for safe fumigation
Before fumigating your home or business, you’ll need to have your natural gas service shut off. At no cost to you, we’ll shut off your gas service and restore it afterward.
Here’s what you need to know:
- State regulations authorize only SDG&E or our certified contractors to operate the gas service shut-off valve (California Public Utilities Commission General Order 112-E). Fumigation contractors are not authorized to do so.
- You or your fumigation contractor can schedule gas shut-off service by calling us at 1-800-411-7343 at least two business days in advance. Tell the energy service specialist that the gas service shut-off is for a tented fumigation job.
- We’ll schedule restoration (a gas service turn-on order) no sooner than the day following tent removal.
- You must provide us with a “Certification for Re-entry” from your fumigation contractor so we know it’s safe to re-enter the building.
- As part of the restoration service, we can inspect and adjust your gas appliances for safety and efficiency.