SDG&E and SoCalGas | IT Associate
Rotation & Internship Program
Information Technology is made up of a variety of departments that help ensure the day-to-day technological success of all SDG&E and SoCalGas operating groups. Employees in IT have the opportunity to work side-by-side with industry experts and utilize leading technologies to help maintain and analyze company software, monitor around the clock for incidents and cybersecurity threats and support our workforce both in-person and remotely across our service territory.
We're looking for passionate and qualified individuals to be part of our Information Technology Associate Rotation and summer Internship program. In both programs, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and grow your professional skillset by applying what you learned in school and utilizing on the job training.
Our summer interns work full-time hours during their 12-week paid internship. They work closely with associates and industry experts to grow their skills and IT knowledge and they may qualify to join the Associate Rotation Program after graduation.
ASSOCIATE ROTATION PROGRAM
Our associates are full-time employees with benefits AND rotate through three 9-month Rotation assignments in various departments. Associates gain on-the-job training and a chance to apply their skills in real world settings. They also receive career development, support, and guidance.
- Develop your skills
- Grow your professional network
- Present to senior leaders and peers
- Participate in mentoring programs
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Work/life balance and stability
- Socially responsible Fortune 500 company
- Opportunity to work across SDG&E and SoCalGas
AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY
- Software Development/Engineering
- Database Management
- Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Project Management (Agile Methodology) & Project Management
- Cloud Services
- Networking & Infrastructure
- GPA 3.0 or higher preferred
- Ongoing authorization to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- Interns must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Engineering or other related technical or business field.
- Associates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Engineering or other related technical or business field.
More than 35 million consumers worldwide count on Sempra® companies for a range of energy services. We operate important energy infrastructure companies in North America, with a clear focus on leading the way in developing responsible energy solutions. Our unique combination of diverse expertise, top talent and strong management set a powerful foundation for sustainable growth and a bright future. Sempra Energy offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Visit our Career sites for more detail.
Associates and interns work with program management to determine their areas of interest and best align them with open opportunities within IT and business organizations. Associates and interns allocate 70% of their time to their assigned groups while 30% of their time is dedicated to professional development and leadership.
Mentors are assigned by the program management team. Associates will receive a manager, director, and peer mentor. Interns will receive an associate mentor. We aim to assign you a mentor with similar backgrounds and professional interests that will help you develop and grow.
Your Rotation or Internship assignments team will provide you with on the job training. As an IT employee, you will also have access to our robust online training resources as well as company trainings.
In our programs, associates and interns spend 30% of their time to professional development and leadership opportunities. You will have the opportunity grow your technical and professional skills through rotations/assignments, experiential training, networking, and leadership opportunities.
Although we heavily rely on our internship as an extended interview process for the rotation program, we often hire recent graduates into the program who have not completed an internship.
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the job application process and would like to request assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please submit a request via this Accommodation Request Form.