Save on Upgrades with the Technology Incentives Program
Our Technology Incentives Program offers incentives for the purchase and installation of qualified automated demand-response measures that provide verified, dispatchable, on-peak load reduction at customer-owned facilities.
Eligible customers can receive up to $200 per kilowatt (kW) of verified, dispatchable, fully automated on-peak load reduction. The total incentive is limited to 75% of the total project cost.
Review our fact sheet (in Program Documents) for more information on:
- Customer requirements for incentive eligibility
- What to expect during the application process
- More information on incentive payments
- Download and complete the Technology Incentives Application.
- Submit your completed application and the following supporting documentation to [email protected]. All submissions must be in an open excel format and include:
- A complete list of automated demand response (ADR) control points
- A list of hardware
- All spec sheets installed with the project
- The estimated kilowatt reduction per automated demand response measure
- Your certification of ADR 2.0a compliance (pdf) as of the current year
- We’ll contact you to approve the project, or we may have additional questions.
- We’ll will work with you to schedule and conduct a pre-inspection of your facility
- Then we’ll issue an agreement authorizing work to begin
- Once installation is complete, you'll need to provide an installation report and an invoice template that’s prepared in accordance with our invoice guidelines.
- We’ll work with you to schedule and conduct a load-shed test of the equipment.
- Based on load-shed test performance, we’ll issue the incentive check in the appropriate amount.
The Technology Incentive Program’s incentives are paid on a first-come, first served basis until program funds are no longer available or until the Technology Incentive Program is terminated, whichever comes first. The Program is administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission and may be modified or terminated at any time.