Join Us For Our Annual Electric Reliability Meeting
Monday, November 6, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
SDG&E's Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92117
To RSVP for your in-person attendance, please email:
If you cannot attend in person, please consider joining us remotely:
Call in by phone
Phone: (619) 676-9998
Access Code: 281645340
Watch on Skype
Video Conference Link: https://meet.semprautilities.com/mabraham/KS1GR9TB
When you click on the link above, if you don't have Skype, you'll be prompted to install the program.
How We Measure Electric Reliability
Providing you with safe and reliable power is our top priority. We constantly track and monitor electricity (planned & unplanned) outages across our service area, and we measure our “Electric Reliability” from this data.
The two metrics we rely on are the following: the System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) and the System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI). Both are common metrics in the electric utility industry.
- SAIDI measures the amount of time the average SDG&E customer experienced a power outage or interruption for more than five minutes (called a “sustained outage”) in a given year. Our five-year SAIDI average is approximate 60 minutes per customer.
- SAIFI is the number of times the average SDG&E customer experienced a sustained outage in a given year.
Submitting a Request
You can request an electric reliability report for your home or business by following one of the steps below:
- Online: Submit the Reliability Request form
- Telephone: Call us at 1-800-411-7343.
You'll need your SDG&E account number, meter number and circuit number to complete the process. This information can be found on your bill.
Your request may take up to fifteen business days for us to complete. We'll mail your report via USPS.
Annual Reliability Communications
- SDG&E Annual Reliability Report  (pdf)
- Presentation on SDG&E’s Annual Electric Reliability Report  (pdf)
- Video/Webcast of Annual Electric Reliability community meeting