Helpful new features on your SDG&E bill
Starting in summer 2018, new features on your SDG&E bill will make it easier to understand and manage your energy use. These improvements include your electricity dashboard, usage history and other information at a glance, as highlighted below and shown in the sample bills.
- Usage history bar graphs show how your current energy use compares with the previous month and the same month a year ago. This can help you track your energy-saving efforts.
- Payment options include brief descriptions with contact information so you can choose the most convenient way to pay your bill each month.
- Breakdown of current charges features a circular chart summarizing the main parts of your energy bill, followed by an itemized list.
- Your electricity dashboard focuses on your power use for the current billing period in three ways:
- Average use per hour graphed over a 24-hour period.
- Average cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for the month.
- Highest usage hour pinpointing this month’s peak.
- Time of Use (TOU) bills will display your electricity use by time periods, which may help you take advantage of lower-priced (off-peak, super off-peak) hours. You may also see a table with price comparisons for one-year no-risk pricing. Learn more about your choice of TOU plans.
Options to explore
To get started on a customized home energy action plan, visit sdge.opower.com. Click “My Energy Use,” sign in to My Account, then click the “Explore my usage” button and “What Uses Most.”