Alert: This is an important safety message from SDG&E. Forecasted weather conditions could affect the power lines that serve your community. We are currently monitoring the potential for adverse weather conditions to begin within 24 to 48 hours. These conditions may require us to turn off the power for public safety in your community. If you do experience an outage, the power will stay off until we can safely restore it.
Here is what you need to know:
- Please have your emergency plan ready in case we need to turn off power for public safety
- If you have a backup generator, please do a safety check and make sure you have enough fuel to last a few days. Generator safety tips can be found here
- We will continue to monitor conditions and will contact you with further updates
- If there is an outage we will work to restore service as soon as it is safe to do so
- In most cases, we would expect to be able to restore power within 24 to 48 hours after weather has passed
- Depending on weather conditions or if any repairs are needed, outages (weather event plus restoration time) could last longer than 48 hours
- For planning purposes, we suggest preparing for multiple-day outages
- If you see a downed power line, assume it is energized and extremely dangerous and report it immediately by calling 911
For more information, visit SDGE.com/Ready.