Welcome, San Diego & Imperial Counties
Labor Council Community
SDG&E values our long-time partnership with working families in the San Diego region. Please use the information below to help these families with their monthly utility bills and service.
Payment & Bill Assistance
We offer many programs and services to help and support our customers. Here is a summary and links for more information:
- Monthly Energy Bill Discount
- Save 30% or more on your monthly energy bill with our CARE program, based on household size and income. Learn more about the discount.
- Federal Utility Assistance
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) offers help with bill payment, home weatherization and more. Learn more about federal assistance.
- Medical Baseline Allowance Program
- If someone in your home uses a qualified medical device, you can save money with our Medical Baseline Allowance Program. Learn more about the program.
- Need More Time to Pay a Bill?
- Our Customer Care Team can help you make payment arrangements. Learn more about payment arrangements,
Rent and Utility Bill Relief
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
This federal assistance program offers help with utility bill payments and energy-related home improvements.
Visit 211sandiego.org for more information.
Electric Vehicle Assistance Program
Assistance to help purchase or lease a new or used hybrid, plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle.
In addition to our bill assistance programs, there are a number of other programs available:
- Energy-Efficient Home Improvements
- Qualify for free, energy-efficient home improvements. Learn more. about our Energy Savings Assistance Program.
- Discount on your Phone Bill
- The California LifeLine Program provides discounted phone services to eligible households. Learn more about the discount.
- Debt Relief
- Qualified residential CARE or FERA customers may be eligible for financial assistance to help reduce outstanding account balances. Learn more about debt relief.