Smart Communicating Thermostat
Are you an SDG&E customer who lives in a high heat climate zone? If so, you are now eligible for an additional $25 rebate when you purchase a Smart Thermostat and sign up for the AC Saver Thermostat program.
About the Rebate
The Smart Communicating Thermostat (SCT) program enables qualifying customers to receive an additional $25 rebate toward the purchase of a smart thermostat. This program is designed to help customers reduce their energy use in high heat climate zones.
How the Rebate Works
The SCT rebate is available to residential customers who live in an area designated as a high heat climate zone. Once qualifying customers have successfully enrolled in SDG&E’s AC Saver Thermostat Program, they can receive an additional $25 rebate toward a previously purchased smart thermostat.
Find Out if You Qualify for this Rebate
Type in your zip code below.
- You must purchase or have purchased a smart thermostat between Jan. 1, 2022 and Dec. 31, 2023.
- You must successfully enroll in SDG&E’s AC Saver Thermostat Program, which provides a $50 incentive on up to 2 thermostats.
- You must reside in an eligible zip code.
- You must enroll in the Smart Communicating Thermostat Program and provide a copy of your original purchase receipt.
- You are not eligible if you received a free thermostat through the Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program.
- SDG&E must verify installation of an eligible thermostat.
Customers enrolled with a third-party demand response provider can contact their provider for details on how to receive this SCT rebate.
Getting Your Rebate Is Easy
- Buy a smart thermostat between Jan. 1, 2022 and Dec. 31, 2023.
- Enroll in SDG&E’s AC Saver Thermostat Program and receive $50 for up to 2 thermostats.
- Type your zip code in the section above to confirm additional rebate eligibility.
- Enroll your thermostat in the Smart Communicating Thermostat Program.
- Receive your additional $25 rebate for a registered thermostat.
Frequently Asked Questions
*Limit 1 thermostat is eligible for the $25 rebate.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.