Smart Thermostat Program
for Your Home
Being green and saving green is easy with SDG&E’s Smart Thermostat program. By enrolling, you help make a positive difference when energy demand is highest and keep the power flowing to all Californians. Plus, your home can be rewarded up to $70.
For Business customers, click here.
- You choose when to conserve energy: SDG&E may adjust your thermostat settings when an AC Saver Thermostat activation is called, but if you cannot participate on a day that energy conservation is needed; you’ll be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day.
- Activations may be called between 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- The adjustment will last a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours.
- AC Saver activations only occur between April – October.
- The AC Saver Thermostat program may call up to 25 events per year, of which 5 are reserved for emergency purposes only.
- Customers who enroll by September 15 and remain enrolled and connected to Wi-Fi through October 31 are eligible to receive the $20 year end incentive.
For Time-of-Use Plus pricing plan customers:
For customers looking to participate with SDG&E and are currently enrolled in a Time-of-Use Plus pricing plan.
• You choose when to conserve energy: SDG&E may adjust your thermostat settings on events days according to your pricing plan, but if you cannot participate on a day that energy conservation is needed; you’ll be able to opt-out of the adjustment for the day.
Refer to your pricing plan for event day details.
For Third-Party Thermostat Program Participants:
For SDG&E customers who choose to participate in the Smart Thermostat program through a Third Party Demand Response Provider.
By registering your thermostat, you'll receive $50 on up to two thermostats.
Honeywell: Honeywell Home T-series (T5, T6, T9, T10) or the Round Smart Thermostat or Honeywell Home Total Connect Comfort FocusPRO, VisionPRO, or Wi-Fi series.
Ecobee: Ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee EMS Si, ecobee Smart Thermostat with voice control.
If you have additional questions regarding the program, please send an email to [email protected] or call our Energy Savings Call Center at 1-800-644-6133.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
*Limit 2 thermostats. This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.