Customers with a qualifying medical need could save every month on their energy bill
Medical Baseline Allowance program
To be placed on this program, you must return a completed application certified by your physician (MD or DO only) or fill out the renewal application if you're already on Medical Baseline. We cannot accept applications from Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners
"Over 38,000 customers, from newborns to seniors, have qualified for our program. Anyone who uses certain medical devices or needs space heating or air conditioning because of a medical condition may qualify. We know those needs require an increase in energy use, so we offer this program to help reduce monthly bills."
- Rebecca Baez, Medical Baseline Allowance Program Manager
What are the program requirements
It is important to know that household income is not a factor for qualifying, but a doctor’s certification on the application is required. You can qualify for Medical Baseline Program if you have the following medical conditions and use one or more of the Qualifying Medical Devices listed below.
|Qualifying Medical Conditions||Qualifying Medical Devices||Devices that DO NOT Qualify|
Compromised immune system
Kidney Dialysis Machines
Electric Nerve Stimulators
Pool or tank heaters
Saunas or hot tubs
- Participation Rules
The qualifying person must live at the address where the allowance will be given. The qualifying person’s name does not have to be on the bill; however, the person who is listed on the bill must sign the application.
- Equipment is for home-use only.
- Equipment used for therapy rather than for life support generally does not qualify for Medical Baseline. This includes whirlpool pumps, heating pads, vaporizers, humidifiers, pool or tank heaters, saunas, or hot tubs.
- Equipment must have a medical purpose in itself to qualify. For example, refrigerators used to keep insulin cold do not qualify.
You may be asked to renew and update your application even if the doctor has certified your condition as permanent. When we do this, we’ll mail you a renewal notice.
Withdrawing from the program
You must notify us if the medical equipment is no longer needed, or if the person using it no longer lives at the address where the allowance is given.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Or call us at 1-800-411-7343
While we do our best to avoid outages, we cannot guarantee that the power will always be on. It is recommended that you make arrangements for a back-up power supply if you require life support equipment.
- Would you like to fill out the application in a language other than English?