Get help reducing your energy demand using our Technology Incentives program.
Eligible customers can receive up to $300 per kilowatt (kW) of verified, dispatchable, fully automated on-peak load reduction. Incentives are offered for the purchase and installation of qualified demand response measures at customer-owned facilities. The total incentive is limited to the actual, reasonable cost of the installed measure(s).
Sign up for Automated Demand Response, which allows SDG&E to send a demand response signal that automatically implements your load reduction strategies through your facility's control system. Once you've identified load reduction opportunities through Automated Demand Response you can receive incentives to subsidize the cost of the upgrades.
- Read our Technology Incentives fact sheet (pdf) for answers to your questions
- Review the Technology Incentives Application for more information on:
- Customer requirements for incentive eligibility
- What to expect during the application process
- More information on incentive payments
How to Apply
- Complete the Technology Incentives application (pdf)
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (in open excel format):
- A complete list of automated demand response (ADR) control points
- A list of hardware
- All spec sheets installed with the project
- The estimated kilowatt reduction per automated demand response measure
- Your certification of ADR 2.0a compliance (pdf) as of this year
- Once you receive application approval from SDG&E, we'll conduct a pre-inspection of your facility
- SDG&E will then issue an agreement (pdf) authorizing work to begin
- Once installation is complete, notify SDG&E with an installation report (xls) and an invoice template (xls) - see Invoice Guidelines (pdf)
- SDG&E will schedule and conduct a load shed test of the equipment
- Based on load shed test performance, SDG&E will issue the incentive check
NOTE: As of February 24, 2014 all installing vendor's devices must be Open ADR 2.0a compliant.
Call our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 or email email@example.com
The Technology Incentive Program’s incentives are paid on a first-come, first served basis until program funds are no longer available or until the Technology Incentive Program is terminated, whichever comes first. The Program is administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission and may be modified or terminated at any time.