Get help reducing your energy demand using our Technology Incentives program.
Eligible customers can receive up to $300 per kilowatt (kW) of verified, dispatchable, fully automated on-peak load reduction. Incentives are offered for the purchase and installation of qualified demand response measures at customer-owned facilities. The total incentive is limited to the actual, reasonable cost of the installed measure(s).
- Read our Technology Incentives fact sheet (pdf) for answers to your questions
- Review the Technology Incentives Application for more information on:
- Customer requirements for incentive eligibility
- What to expect during the application process
- More information on incentive payments
How to Apply
- Complete the Technology Incentives application (pdf)
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (in open excel format):
- A complete list of automated demand response (ADR) control points
- A list of hardware
- All spec sheets installed with the project
- The estimated kilowatt reduction per automated demand response measure
- Your certification of ADR 2.0a compliance (pdf) as of this year
- Once you receive application approval from SDG&E, we'll conduct a pre-inspection of your facility
- SDG&E will then issue an agreement (pdf) authorizing work to begin
- Once installation is complete, notify SDG&E with an installation report (xls) and an invoice template (xls) - see Invoice Guidelines (pdf)
- SDG&E will schedule and conduct a load shed test of the equipment
- Based on load shed test performance, SDG&E will issue the incentive check
NOTE: As of February 24, 2014 all installing vendor's devices must be Open ADR 2.0a compliant.
Call our Demand Response Programs group at 1-866-377-4735 or email email@example.com
The Technology Incentive Program’s incentives are paid on a first-come, first served basis until program funds are no longer available or until the Technology Incentive Program is terminated, whichever comes first. The Program is administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission and may be modified or terminated at any time.