Why Your Bill May Fluctuate
Is there a difference in the amount of your energy bill during different times of the year? There may be several reasons for that. Before you give Customer Service a call, consider these factors:
- Did the price of electric energy change?
- Have there been significant changes in your home, such as a new appliance or appliance replacement, the size of your family, in-home guests, etc.?
- How does your energy use compare to the same time period last year?
- How many days are in this billing period, compared to other billing periods? (SDG&E's monthly billing period may vary from 28-33 days)
- How does your average daily use compare with last month or with the same time last year?
- Did weather conditions change?
- Were there seasonal changes in the baseline allowance during this bill period?
If you still have billing questions, please call Customer Service at 1-800-411-7343.
You can also view billing inserts which my help answer your questions here.