Trade Professional News June/July 2017
- Trade Pro Alliance Participation Updates
- Energy Efficiency Business Rebate News
- Trade Professional Participation Agreements
- On-Bill Financing Update
- Training Corner
- EcoChoice℠ is a Productive Choice for Businesses
- Resource & Tool Lending Library
Trade Pro Alliance Participation Updates
In early 2017, new Alliance participation required all members to hold an active license with the California’s Contractors State License Board (CSLB). After careful evaluation, we’re moving to a more inclusive relationship with our Trade Professionals by implementing a new two-tier system in third quarter 2017.
What does this mean to you?
- Trade Professionals who do not hold a CSLB may participate as a Project Sponsor who can:
- Submit projects on the customer’s behalf
- Obtain project status updates via email or phone
- Be listed on the project application as the Project Sponsor. Project Sponsors are not eligible to receive rebates and incentives on the customer’s behalf.
- Trade Professionals with a valid CSLB may do the same as above but ARE eligible to receive rebates and incentives on behalf of customers.
Energy Efficiency Business Rebate News
Application Timeframe & Submission Deadline
- Effective January 1, 2017, rebate project applications must be submitted within 30 days of the project’s installation date or final invoice date to qualify for rebate processing and payment.
HVAC Permit Closure Requirement
- A new 2017 requirement from SB1414 legislation requires all projects with HVAC, heat pumps, and their related fans to submit proof of HVAC permit closure to receive a rebate or incentive.
Trade Professional Participation Agreements
New 2017 Trade Professional Participation Agreements are available online and required of all Trade Professionals this year, whether you participated in the past or not. Visit sdge.com/tradepro for more information on requirements.
On-Bill Financing Update
The On-Bill Financing (OBF) loan term for public sector customers has been increased. The maximum OBF loan term for government-funded customers has been adjusted from a 10-year term to 15 years. The goal is to assist these customers in achieving deeper energy savings and allow for more projects.
To learn about OBF and find the updated application and handbook, visit sdge.com/OBF.
For information on SDG&E’s Energy Efficiency Business Rebates, visit sdge.com/businessrebates.
To stay competitive, it’s important to keep your industry knowledge current. Take advantage of our free seminars and trainings. To register for a session, visit seminars.sdge.com.
SDG&E Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92117
|What’s New in 2017 for Title 24 Nonresidential Standards||Thur||June 8|
|Navigating the Energy Efficiency Business Rebates (EEBR) Program||Thur||June 15|
|Standards & Technology for Office and Retail Lighting||Tues||June 20|
|Technology Incentives Program Essentials||Thur||June 29|
|Trade Professional Program Essentials||Thur||July 6|
EcoChoice℠ is a productive choice for businesses
SDG&E’s EcoChoice program gives customers the option to purchase up to 100% clean, renewable energy. The program may be a good option for those who lease or don’t have the ability to adopt solar due to budget or the inability to put panels on their rooftop. With Ecochoice, there’s no upfront installation cost and you’re supporting clean, renewable energy in our community. Those who enroll will pay a small premium every month depending on their subscription level. Customers can visit our online calculator to estimate how much it will cost each month to purchase renewable energy through the program. Customers can also enroll online. For more information, visit sdge.com/ecochoice.
Resource & Tool Lending Library
Use our free Resource & Tool Lending Library to find a variety of energy-efficiency and sustainability-related educational resources. There are books, DVDs and more than 100 energy-measuring tools. Best of all, they’re available to check out and try at home for free. If you have questions, or would like to check-out a tool, book or DVD, contact the Energy Innovation Center at 858-496-7137.
EXTECH Heavy Duty Light Meter (Tool #143)
- Super large 1.4" (1999 count) LCD display
- Percentage displays differential from reference point
- Uses precision photo diode and color correction filter
- Cosine and color corrected measurements
- 4% accuracy is enhanced by selecting lighting type
This Extech light meter is very useful in determining indoor illumination levels. It offers four selectable lighting types: Tungsten/Daylight, Fluorescent, Sodium and Mercury; and provides data record/recall, relative display mode, simultaneous display of Foot Candles or Lux, and PC interface. It is NIST Certified which means the product is traceable to standards provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
To learn more, or borrow this tool or other reference materials at no cost, visit SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center at 4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117.