Trade Professional News June 2016
- June 10 Energy Showcase Expo
- Saving Money and Energy in the Workplace
- Try Before You Buy!
- Training Corner
June 10 Energy Showcase Expo
It’s almost here!
Attend our annual Energy Showcase Expo on Friday, June 10, at the San Diego Convention Center downtown. The Expo will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There you’ll find a wide variety of energy technologies, services and experts gathered together in one spot, including dozens of displays exhibiting state-of-the-art, energy-saving products and services.
To register visit sdge.com/2016ES.
Saving Money and Energy in the Workplace
Here are 10 ways to keep buildings cool and comfortable
- Use a smart programmable communicating thermostat (PCT) and set it at 78°F in the summer when the building is occupied. Adjust the temperature by a few degrees after hours.
- Inspect control schedules to heat only sections of the building as needed.
- Rewire restroom fans to operate with the lights.
- Service your HVAC system twice a year.
- Clean or replace HVAC filters once a month.
- Turn off all non-security lighting after hours.
- Consider adjustable speed drives.
- Use LED exit signs.
- Install occupancy sensors.
- Turn off computers, monitors, printers and copiers after hours. Consider assigning someone to make sure equipment
is turned off at the end of the work day.
To find energy-savings tips and ideas by specific industry, visit sdge.com/industry.
Try Before You Buy!
Our Commercial Foodservice Demonstration Kitchen, located at our Energy Innovation Center, houses the latest in energy efficiency and vent-less cooking equipment, many available with rebates. As a trade professional, you have the opportunity to bring your foodservice customers in and test their menu on energy-efficienct equipment before making an investment. To attend a demo or seminar, visit sdge.com/EIC.
Rainforest EMU-2 Energy Monitoring Unit, Tool #117
The EMU-2™ is a secure, robust in-home display suitable for large-scale deployments. It presents real-time energy use, price and billing data, text messages, and other utility-mandated information, as communicated from a ZigBee® linked smart meter. This type of instant feedback can help increase participation in conservation programs.
- Just plug it in
- Automatically connects wirelessly to the meter
- Wireless link secured with Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- Only your registered device can talk to your meter
- Works with all certified ZigBee smart meters
- ZigBee Smart Energy Profile 1.1 certified
Our Energy Innovation Center houses a Resource & Tool Lending Library where you can check out Trade Pro tools for your next energy-efficiency project, or books and DVDs to advance your knowledge about energy and sustainability. Did you know that these resources can be borrowed for up to two weeks?
Contact our Resource & Tool Lending Library Manager, Ceci Cazares, at (858) 496-7137 or email [email protected] if you have questions.
* The selection of goods and services is the sole responsibility of the customer. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability and/or efficiency of goods and services selected. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services. No endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
To stay competitive, it’s important to keep your industry knowledge current. Take advantage of our seminars and trainings available to you. To see our complete 2016 calendar or to register for a session, visit sdge.com/training.
SDG&E Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92117
Efficiency Sales Professional Boot Camp
Monday, 9/12/16 – Thursday, 9/15/16
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Special: $475 (SDG&E-subsidized to first 30 enrollees) / normally $3,500
For details and to register: http://sellingenergy.com/products/bootcamp_sep2016
HVAC Excellence & NATE Certification Training
Free online training (ongoing)
Contact Jeff Taylor at 888-655-4822 or email [email protected] for enrollment.