Trade Professional News May 2016
- Save-the-Date: June 10 Energy Showcase Expo
- New SDG&E Pricing Plan Roll-out Complete
- Spring Trade Pro Forum Recap
- Training Corner
Save-the-Date: June 10 Energy Showcase Expo
Reserve your spot now!
You’re invited to attend SDG&E’s annual Energy Showcase Expo on Friday, June 10, at the San Diego Convention Center. Register for this free event online at sdge.com/2016ES.
The Expo will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There you’ll find a wide variety of energy technologies, services and experts gathered together in one spot, including:
- Dozens of displays exhibiting state-of-the-art, energy-saving products and services for your business
- Electric vehicles encompassing a range of model types, sizes and prices for you to compare
- A Power Your Drive exhibit where you can learn about a new opportunity with electric vehicle charging stations for your employees or tenants
For more information, visit http://sdge.com/energyshowcase
New SDG&E Pricing Plan Roll-out Complete
By now, you should have received a letter or email explaining details on your transition to a new Whenergy® pricing plan. Prices are based on the time of day and season that energy is used. You can opt out of the selected plan for your business and choose another, if you like. You should choose a plan that fits your energy needs based on how much electricity you use during different times of the day. Log in to My Account to see your personalized energy use chart with cost estimates.
To compare plans, subscribe to alerts, track your energy use and costs, or find out more about SDG&E solutions to help your business save:
Spring Trade Pro Forum Recap
The 2016 Spring Trade Professional Mixer was a great success. We had 83 people in attendance who heard Mark Jewell’s suggestions on ways to sell energy efficiency. And two attendees each won an exhibit hall pass to this month’s LIGHTFAIR® International. We thank and appreciate those of you who were able to join us. Our next Mixer will be held in the fall. The Trade Professional Alliance is always looking for ways to improve each event. Please share your thoughts on our spring mixer by emailing [email protected]. We welcome feedback on
training topics, your experience, and new ideas for future events.
The FLIR C2 is a full-featured, pocket-sized thermal camera geared toward contractors, home inspectors, plumbers, electricians, and anyone else who can find a good use for heat-based imaging.
- Useful for applications of thermal imaging, like detecting problems in wiring, plumbing and insulation
- Keep it on you so you’re ready anytime to find hidden heat patterns that signal energy waste, structural defects, plumbing issues and more
- Features include MSX® real-time image enhancement, high sensitivity, a wide field of view, and fully radiometric imagery to clearly show where problems are and verify the completion of repairs
- Sturdy, smartphone-like design is both easy to carry around and rugged enough to use where it's wet or dirty – like when you are crawling around, navigating pipes and wires
SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center houses a Resource & Tool Lending Library where you can check out the Trade Pro tools for your next energy-efficiency project, or books and DVDs to advance your knowledge about energy and sustainability. Did you know that these resources can be borrowed for up to two weeks?
Contact our Resource & Tool Lending Library Manager, Ceci Cazares, at (858) 496-7137 or email [email protected] if you have questions.
*The selection of goods and services is the sole responsibility of the customer. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability and/or efficiency of goods and services selected. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services. No endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
Below is a selection of upcoming, free seminars and trainings at SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center. Check-in is 30 minutes before class start time listed. To see the complete 2016 calendar or to register for a session, visit http://www.sdge.com/training.
Trade Pro Essentials: Tools & Tips for Estimating Energy Savings
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (breakfast provided)
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (breakfast provided)
Lunch & Learn / Utility Rates 201: Understanding Time-of-Use Rates
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (lunch provided)
Nonresidential Standards for Small Commercial AC Quality Installation Contractors
6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (dinner provided)
HVAC Excellence & NATE Certification Training
Free online training (ongoing)
Contact Jeff Taylor at 888-655-4822 or email [email protected] for enrollment