Trade Professional News March 2016
- REGISTER NOW – Spring Trade Professional Mixer, March 24
- LIGHTFAIR® International 2016 is Coming to San Diego in April
- 2016 energy-efficiency targets
- Tool of the month
- Training corner
Register now - Spring Trade Professional Mixer
Join us as we host an event especially for you! Get a chance to meet SDG&E Account Executives, our Trade Alliance Team and other Trade Professionals.
- Important Rebate Program updates
- How you help with our energy-efficiency goals/achievements
- Upcoming Trade Professional events
- Keynote speaker Mark Jewell, Energy Efficiency Funding Group will provide highlights on “Learning to S.E.E.: Sell Efficiency Effectively™”
Attendees will receive:
- Autographed copy of the audiobook version of ”Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved!” ($9.95 value)
- Free e-book version of Selling Energy
- Full year’s license to the online/on-demand version of “Financial Analysis of Efficiency Projects: Intermediate” ($150 value)
- Entry for a chance to win one of two (2) Exhibit Hall Passes to this year’s LIGHTFAIR® International in April!
Don’t miss out – Register now.
Beer, wine and appetizers will be served during the event.
Date: Thursday, March 24th
Time: 3 pm – 7 pm (registration begins at 2:30 pm)
Where: SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center, 4760 Clairemont Mesa Drive, San Diego, CA 92117
Use this time to share your unique perspective and experiences, while networking with other professionals, SDG&E Account Executives and Trade Alliance Team members.
LIGHTFAIR International is the world's largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and is coming to San Diego in April. All Trade Professionals present at the end of the Mixer will have a chance to win.
For More Information: E-mail us at [email protected] or call (800) 644-6133
LIGHTFAIR® International 2016 is Coming to San Diego in April
LIGHTFAIR® International is the world's largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference. It’s being held at the San Diego Convention Center, April 26-28 with pre-conference activities April 24-25. The conference is sponsored by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD), and the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES).
- Six pavilions showcase product-specific manufacturers
- Conference offers 200+ hours of world-class accredited education
- Accredited courses range from 30 minutes to 2-day immersion sessions at every level
- The LFI Innovation Awards® honors the industry’s newest product designs
- Networking & special events bring together lighting industry professionals
For more details visit LIGHTFAIR® International. We hope to see you there!
2016 energy-efficiency targets
2016 rings in with some aggressive energy efficiency targets to achieve. And we need your help! An analysis of 2015 data shows you were responsible for submitting about 68% of the total projects submitted, contributing over 75% of the kWh and almost 85% of the kW energy savings achieved*. As you can see, you play a significant role in contributing towards our energy efficiency goals for both the Rebate and Incentive programs. We can’t achieve these targets without your help.
The goals for 2016 for the Rebate and Incentive programs are:
- 30,000,000 kWh
- 3,500 kW
- 730,000 therms
- 16,600,000 kWh
- 2,600 kW
- 435,000 therms
These goals are equivalent to removing approximately 6,800 passenger cars off of the road for one year, and power almost 3,000 homes for one year.** Together, we can do it!
*Data set utilized reflects “reported” savings for the Rebate and Incentive programs beginning
January 1 – November 30, 2015.
Tool of the month
Indoor Air Quality Meter- TSI Alnor- IAQ-CALC Model 7545
This TSI Alnor IAQ-CALC 745 meter is an outstanding instrument for investigating and monitoring indoor air quality. The 7545 simultaneously measures and data logs multiple parameters including CO, CO2, temperature, humidity and is capable of performing calculations such as dew point, wet bulb temperature, and % outside air. With such a wide range of functions in a handheld meter, the 7545 is an excellent choice for a wide range of applications such as verifying HVAC system performance and ensure compliance with IAQ regulations and guidelines. Data can also be easily transferred to a computer with the included LogDat2 software, which facilitates easy report generation and includes a statistics function that displays average, maximum and minimum values, and the number of recorded samples.
- CO2 – Range: 0 6o 5000 ppm; accuracy ±3.0% or ±50 ppm, whichever is greater; Sensor Type: Dual-wavelength NDIR
- CO – Range: 0 to 500 ppm; accuracy ±3.0% or ±3 ppm, whichever is greater; Sensor Type: Electro-chemical
- Temperature- Range: 32 to 140 °F (0 to 60°C); accuracy ±1.0°F (±0.6°C)
- Relative Humidity – Range: 5% to 95% RH; accuracy ±3.0% RH; Sensor Type: Thin-film capacitive
- NIST Certificate included, and Calculates % outside air, dew point & wet bulb temp
- Data logs up to 26,900 data points with al measured parameters enabled
- Log intervals: 1 second up to 1 hour (user selectable)
SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center houses a Resource & Tool Lending Library where you can check out the Trade Pro tools for your next energy - efficiency project, or books and DVDs to advance your knowledge about energy and sustainability.
Did you know that these resources can be borrowed for up to two weeks?
Contact the Resource & Tool Lending Library Manager, Ceci Cazares, at (858) 496-7137 or at [email protected] if you have questions.
*The selection of goods and services is the sole responsibility of the customer. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability and/or efficiency of goods and services selected. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services. No endorsement is intended or should be inferred.