Trade Professional News January 2016
- New Business Rebates Online Application Now Available!
- Energy Savings Professional Boot Camp
- Bonus Rebates for Select North County Projects
- New Tool of the Month
- Training Corner
New Business Rebates Online Application Now Live
The much-anticipated Energy Efficiency Business Rebates online application launched on December 1, 2015, giving customers and eligible trade professionals an additional option to apply for business rebates.
What are the benefits of using the online reservation and application?
- Immediate feedback – ties directly into our workflow system providing real-time feedback and status updates.
- Simple Step-by-Step functionality – guides applicants through the required steps to reserve, or to upload required documents after installation.
- Less follow-up on account eligibility and other requirements – validates account holder information and other program-related data so you know immediately if there’s a problem with an application.
- One tool for reservations and completed projects – means faster processing time to payment.
How will I reserve funding for a project?
- Online – the system will gather most of the planned project information upfront so when it’s completed, only the installation date and required documents will be needed to complete the process.
Note: Phone reservations will still be available however, they may increase processing time.
Will I have to submit or upload the current signed application?
- Yes, to support the online feature, current program guidelines require the customer signature on the Program Application. This can be uploaded after installation.
How do I submit an application if I don’t have a reservation?
- Visit sdge.com/businessrebates and follow the online application steps.
What training resources are available?
- An instructional guide will be available online and we’ll be there to support your team as you adopt the new process.
- An Online Rebate Application Clinic is scheduled for January 27, 2016, from Noon to 1 p.m. at SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center. The registration link will be posted soon and lunch will be provided.
Will I have to apply online? Can I email or mail in my rebate documents?
- Yes, those options are still available. However, to receive immediate online feedback, reduce processing time, and speed up payment we encourage applicants to reserve and submit online.
For More Information:
- E-mail us at [email protected] or call 1-800-644-6133
Turbocharge your success with our January 2016 boot camp
Back by popular demand, The Efficiency Sales Professional™ Certificate Program is 48 hours of training in sales, efficiency, financial analysis, and personal productivity.
The program can help you become an efficiency ‘sales ninja’ and turbocharge your success by:
- Finding the highest-value customers and getting their attention
- Mapping the decision-making chain and skillfully assessing motivations
- Communicating value and blending emotion and logic to neutralize objections
- Replacing myths with math and escaping the clutches of simple payback period
- Performing in ways that achieve results
SDG&E's Energy Innovation Center | January 25 – 29, 2016 | 8:30 AM – 5 PM
Who should attend?
Efficiency products dealers and distributors, architects, engineers, mechanical and electrical contractors,
energy-efficiency specialists, HVAC and lighting designers, building owners and managers, utility representatives, commissioning authorities, and anyone else whose success depends on the successful
advocacy of efficiency projects.
Cost: Only $495 (the regular price is $3,500). SDG&E is sponsoring a limited number of seats exclusively for members of SDG&E’s Trade Professional Alliance. Learn more and register.
Bonus Rebates Available for Select North County Projects
Earlier in 2015, the California Public Utilities Commission approved an SDG&E program that offers all commercial and industrial customers enhanced rebates on all electric measures in the Energy Efficiency Business Rebates catalog in a designated portion of our service area - near Oceanside/Vista. The goal of the program is to optimize the electricity distribution system in this area by reducing energy demand.
As an additional bonus, customers associated with certain building types have the opportunity to earn even higher rebates for lighting measures. For more information visit: sdge.com/tpLEE
Don’t miss out on this limited time opportunity to take advantage of these bonus rebates. Remember - the program ends June 30, 2016.
Tool of the month
Leakator-10 (Combustible Gas Detector) Tool #136
Purpose: Handheld combustible gas leak detector used to pinpoint combustible gas leaks in commercial, residential and industrial applications, including surveying gas pipelines and inspecting valves, regulators and meters on gas equipment. The Leakator will detect nearly all combustible gases including: Acetone, acetylene, benzene, butane, ethanol, ethylene oxide, gasoline, hexane, hydrogen, industrial solvents, iso-butane, methane, methanol, paint thinners, propane, natural gas, and naptha.
- Audible and visual indicators
- 30 hour battery life
- Sensitivity: 20 ppm usable sensitivity (methane)
- Patented solid state sensor
- 20 inch flexible probe for hard to reach locations
SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center houses a Resource & Tool Lending Library where you can check out the Trade Pro tools for your next energy-efficiency project, or books and DVDs to advance your knowledge about energy and sustainability.
Did you know that these resources can be borrowed at no cost, for up to two weeks?
Contact the Resource & Tool Lending Library Manager, Ceci Cazares, at (858) 496-7137 or at [email protected] if you have questions.
*The selection of goods and services is the sole responsibility of the customer. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability and/or efficiency of goods and services selected. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services. No endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
January 14, February 4 & March 3 - Trade Professional Program Essentials