Trade Professionals News April Edition
- Trade Professional Directory updates
- Exclusive training just for Trade Professional Alliance members
- New “tool of the month”
- Direct Install program changes
- Spring/summer training classes available
Get listed on our Trade Professional Directory
Our requirements to be listed in our Trade Professional Directory have changed. What does this mean to you? More Trade Professionals listed in the Directory gives our business customers more options to get their energy-efficiency projects going. To qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the 2013-2015 Trade Professional Participation Agreement
- Submit a completed W-9 form
- Attend a Business Energy Savings Solutions training
- Complete a minimum of two projects (using SDG&E® programs) within the last 12 months or have aggregated energy savings of >50,000 kWh or 5,000 therms
- Have no unresolved customer complaints
How do I know if I meet the requirements to be listed in the Directory? We’ll run reports to determine your eligibility. If you qualify, you’ll be contacted by one of our staff to fill out a Trade Professional Directory Survey in April or May. Once we receive this form from you, we’ll update the Directory to include your business name. Want to learn more about the benefits of being a member of the Trade Professional Alliance? Click here to learn more.
Exclusive online sales training for Trade Professional Alliance members
As a member of SDG&E’s Trade Professional Alliance, you can now access two online trainings designed to help you get more of your efficiency projects approved, for a fraction of the normal cost. These trainings, presented by Mark Jewell, provide tools, tips, and strategies that can be implemented immediately.
- Learning to S.E.E. (Sell Efficiency Effectively) - $25 ($299 for non-members)
- Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects Course Collection - $25 ($349 for non-members)
Access to these SDG&E-sponsored trainings is limited. Members of SDG&E’s Trade Professional Alliance pay just $25 per class – more than a 90% discount off the normal tuition rate. Register today!
We’re bringing Mark Jewell back to offer the Energy Sales Professional (ESP) Boot Camp July 13-17 Cost: $495 ($3,500 for non-members) – SDG&E is sponsoring a limited number of seats for qualified professionals. Learn more and register.
Tool of the month
BOSCH DLR130K Laser Distance Measurer (#125)*
What it does: A tool that measures distance in a quick, accurate and easy way.
- Measures distance up to 130 ft. with up to 1/16 inch accuracy
- Four measurement modes — length, area, volume, and continuous for maximum versatility
- Two measuring reference points — front and back
- Four measurement systems — inches, feet and inches, decimal feet and metric
- Pocket-sized at only 4 In. tall - the world’s smallest laser range finder
- Ergonomic soft-grip area - for sure grip and comfort
SDG&E’s Energy Innovation Center houses a Resource & Tool Lending Library where you can check out the Trade Pro tools for your next energy- efficiency project, or books and DVDs to advance your knowledge about energy and sustainability.
Did you know that these resources can be borrowed at no cost, for up to two weeks?
Contact the Resource & Tool Lending Library Manager, Ceci Cazares, at (858) 496-7137 or at [email protected] if you have questions.
*The selection of goods and services is the sole responsibility of the customer. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability and/or efficiency of goods and services selected. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services. No endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
Coming your way – Direct Install program changes
Effective April 1, 2015, the Direct Install program will have the following changes:
- Customer Eligibility
- The restrictions on chains, national corporates and government entities will be lifted
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) Integral Lamps
- LED integral lamps within the following categories will be added to the program: MR-16 (mini reflector), A-Lamp (general use), Candle, BR/PAR (reflector), Globe and Recessed Downlight.
- These new measures will be offered to qualified customers at no-cost
- Removal of Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Lamps
- All CFL lamps will be removed from the program catalog as we introduce LED lamps to the program
- Removal of two HVAC Measures
- Condenser coil cleaning and evaporator coil cleaning measures will be removed from the program
- Customer Eligibility
- What this means to you?
- Direct Install-qualified customers participating in the rebate program will be required to sign a Direct Install waiver in the near future regarding those measures that will be available to them at no-cost through the Direct Install program
- You’re encouraged to take this into consideration when offering your business customers these measures
- These changes will maintain closer statewide consistency among the Investor Owned Utilities (IOUs)
- Market demand and lighting industry transformation mean older technologies get retired and newer technologies take their place
- HVAC measures are being removed because the savings have gone down and they’re no longer cost effective
The current program will continue to be offered at no-cost to all qualified customers through June 30, 2015. A revamped Direct Install program is slated to roll out in July 2015. We’ll communicate the details of the new program as soon as they become available.
Free courses, through our Workforce, Education and Training program, can help you:
- Learn about energy-efficient solutions and best practices
- Uncover ways customers can reduce costs
- Find out more about new energy standards
We encourage you to attend one of these upcoming classes held at our Energy Innovation Center:
Thank you for attending the Spring Forum
We had a great turnout for our first Trade Professional forum this year. Planning is already underway for our Fall Forum, to be held sometime in October. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this event, or if there are topics you would like covered please email us at [email protected]