Reduce Your Use Thermostat - How It Works
- On Reduce Your Use days, we will send a signal to yout thermostat to put it in energy savings mode.
- You may decline the energy signal for the day if you cannot participate.
- Your thermostat will be signaled between 11:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., but no more then 4 hours in a row.
What To Expect
- You will receive a $50 Visa gift card for enrolling in Reduce Your Use.
- Additionally, you will receive a $25 card at the end of each summer you stay enrolled and your thermostat stays connected.
- The Reduce Your Use Rewards program will also pay bonus bill credits if you conserve enough energy.
What You Need to Enroll
- An SDG&E approved smart thermostat.
- An SDG&E account with a smart meter.
- Wi-Fi network compatible with your smart thermostat.
- Working central air conditioning unit controlled by your smart thermostat.
- No current participation in a similar air-conditioning conservation program.
- Have not received a free thermostat nor participated in a thermostat program in the last year.
Enroll and Register Now to Receive your $50 Visa Gift Card
- Purchase and install an SDG&E approved smart thermostat.
- (Visit SDG&E’s Marketplace to find out where you can buy one).
- Enroll in SDG&E’s Reduce Your Use Rewards Program.
- Register your approved smart thermostat.
Disclaimer: This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.