Smart Grid Deployment Plan
The Smart Grid Deployment Plan advances the utility’s vision for a smart energy future while delivering new value to its customers, meeting its public policy requirements and delivering significant societal and economic benefits that exceed project costs.
SDG&E views the Smart Grid as an end-to-end transformation of its electric delivery system that applies advances in technology securely to deliver a range of new benefits to all stakeholders.
The Smart Grid will empower customers to have better control over their energy usage, increased renewable generation, integrates plug-in electric vehicles and reduced greenhouse gas emissions while maintaining and improving system reliability, operational efficiency and customer privacy.
SDG&E anticipates that investments in Smart Grid infrastructure will yield additional benefits as the transformation progresses and its customers, policy makers and the industry are able to discover and leverage the Smart Grid’s full potential.
- Executive Summary
- Smart Grid Deployment Plan 2011-2020
- SDG&E’s Smart Grid Deployment Plan CPUC Filing, June 6, 2011
- Smart Grid Deployment Plan – 2012 Annual Report
- Smart Grid Deployment Plan – 2013 Annual Report
- Smart Grid Deployment Plan - 2014 Annual Report
- Smart Grid Deployment Plan - 2015 Annual Report