Did you know that most houses lose as much as half of their cooled or heated air? In fact, all of the small cracks and leaks in your house could add up to a gap the size of a hula hoop!
Improve Your Home and Close the Gaps
Making improvements to your home’s energy efficiency through Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade not only helps you save energy and money but also enhances indoor air quality―making your home more livable and your family more comfortable. Even simple improvements like sealing leaky ducts, installing a dehumidifier or installing an efficient heating and cooling system can make a big difference in your home’s comfort and air quality.
By participating in Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade, you may:
- Make your home more comfortable in all seasons
- Improve the air quality inside your home for a healthier and safer indoor environment
- Save energy and lower your bills
- Conserve resources and reduce greenhouse gases
Plus, you can be eligible for incentives from $1,000 depending on your home's energy improvement needs.
San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E®) works with a network of specially trained Home Performance Contractors who can provide Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade services. Home Performance Contractors use advanced diagnostic tools to assess your home’s energy use and recommend improvements throughout your home. They also ensure the upgrade work done in your home will help you maximize energy savings, indoor air quality and comfort.
Your Home Performance Contractor can explain all the benefits of specific upgrades, help you take advantage of all the incentives for which you are eligible and submit the incentive applications on your behalf. Typically, you can expect to receive your incentive payment within 4‒6 weeks of project completion.
Find a Home Performance Contractor today.
Still have questions? Call 1-877-357-8241
After choosing your Home Performance Contractor, getting started with Home Upgrade requires just a few simple steps as outlined below.
- Whole-Home Energy Assessment: Your participating Home Performance Contractor will perform a whole-home energy assessment, and will explain how your home works as system, including what aspects could be improved to enhance comfort and energy performance. The whole-home energy assessment will help you and your participating Home Performance Contractor decide what improvements would be most beneficial, and will also help determine the amount of cash-back incentives you can receive from SDG&E.
- Perform Home Improvements: After completing the whole-home energy assessment, your participating Home Performance Contractor will perform the upgrades that are right for your home. Upgrades eligible for incentives from SDG&E include:
- Air sealing
- Duct sealing
- Attic insulation
- High-efficiency furnaces and cooling systems
- Wall insulation
- Floor insulation
- Pool pumps
- Wall furnaces
- Water Heater
- And more!
After your upgrades are complete, SDG&E may send an independent third-party contractor to perform a quality assurance inspection on the work completed at your home. If this additional inspection occurs, it will be at no additional cost to you or your home performance contractor.
- Enjoy a More Comfortable Home and Cash-Back Incentives from SDG&E: With incentives starting from $1,000, now is the time to make the types of improvements to your home that can make it more comfortable and energy-efficient.
SDG&E is here to help you every step of the way – if you have any questions throughout your Home Upgrade process call us at 877-357-8241.
To be eligible for incentives, you must:
- Be an SDG&E customer with an account in good standing.
- Own a single-family detached home or attached home with two to four units. Some restrictions may apply; talk to a Home Performance Contractor about your specific home.
- Have the upgrades installed by a Home Performance Contractor.
Did you know that financing options are available for residential electric customers who seek to make energy improvements to their homes through Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade? Single-family homeowners may qualify for the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance program. The REEL program provides attractive financing options to help residential customers complete energy efficiency projects. The program is administered by the California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing (CHEEF) in partnership with California’s Investor-Owned Utilities. Participating REEL lenders offer energy efficiency loans with favorable rates and terms.
To learn more about these financing options, visit the CHEEF website at www.thecheef.com/reel
Your neighbors are living in more comfortable and energy-efficient homes thanks to Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade. Listen to their stories.
Stay on top of what’s new in energy efficiency. Come to events in the San Diego area.