Safety during an outage
During a power outage here some quick safety tips to follow:
- Use flashlight rather than candle for light
- If using a standby generator follow these safety tips
- Turn off major appliances like dishwasher or A/C that were running when the power went out to prevent them from starting unexpectedly when power is restored
- Unplug or turn off TVs, stereos or game systems
- Leave one light on so you know when power is restored
For more safety tips, check the other sections on our website.