Electrical emergencies can happen any time. Whether it’s an accident or a weather-related situation, occasional power outages are simply a way of life. However, you can easily prepare for the unexpected loss of power.
- A battery-powered emergency lighting (or flashlights, at a minimum)
- A portable or battery-powered radio
- A wind-up or battery-powered clock
- Nonperishable foods and water (including a manual can opener)
- Pet food
- A first aid kit
- A telephone that does not depend on electricity
Online Emergency Resources
For more information in an outage, contact the appropriate emergency agency.