Renew Your CARE Bill Discount
Thank you for taking the time to renew your monthly CARE bill discount.
Please select the renewal that applies to you:
- Provide Income Documentation - You received a letter asking for documentation about your income and/or participation in certain federal assistance programs.
- High Energy Use Renewal - You received a letter saying your energy use is 400% or 600% above baseline and you must reapply for your bill discount.
Remember that your eligibility is based on total household size and your total household income or participation in certain public assistance programs.
- Program eligibility requirements
Eligibility is based on your household size and yearly income or by your household participation in certain public assistance programs.
Public assistance programs that qualify
You may qualify based on you or a member of your household’s participation in one or more of the following programs:
- Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- CalFresh (Food Stamps) SNAP
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
Income levels that qualify
You may qualify based on household size and total current household income*=Total income of all persons living in your house, condo, apartment or mobile home.
Number of persons in household
Maximum Combined Annual Income
Each additional person: +$8,360
Effective June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018
*Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.