Application Technical Questions
The following information relates to using our online application system
For additional technical support with your application, contact [email protected].
- What Internet browsers are compatible with the Online Grant Applications?
Our online grant applications are compatible with the following internet browsers:
Internet Explorer® 10
Internet Explorer® 9
Internet Explorer® 8
Mozilla® Firefox® (for PC and Mac)
Safari® (for PC and Mac)
- I received a message indicating I need to have “cookies” in order to use the application
The online application places a cookie on your computer to enable the "Save and Finish Later" functionality. Please check the user's manual for your internet browser to enable cookies if you receive an error message.
- What user name and password should be used on the Login Page?
First time applicants must create a user name and password, which will be used each time they login to the online application system.
- Is my application automatically saved once I create an account?
No, your application is not saved automatically. To ensure application data is not lost, please click on the "Save and Finish Later" button at the bottom of each application page.
- Do I have to complete the application in one session?
No, you can start the application and choose to save and finish it at a later time. Just click on the "Save and Finish Later" button located at the bottom of each application page.
- How can I save my in progress application in order to return to it at a later time to continue working on?
If you would like to save the in progress application, scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose the "Save & Finish Later" button. Selecting the "Review & Submit" button will submit the application to San Diego Gas and Electric for review and will no longer be available for editing.
- How do I return to review, revise and/or submit the application previously saved but not submitted?
When an applicant logs in for the first time an account is automatically created using the email and password information used. The applicant will receive an automated confirmation email providing them with a link to use to return to saved in progress applications and their “My Account” page. Add this link to your Favorites for easy access or return to the San Diego Gas & Electric web site and click on the link provided to access in-progress applications.
- Where do I forward my online proposal?
Once the application is completed online, click the "Review & Submit" button at the bottom of the last page of the application to submit your application. Once your application has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Please add [email protected] to your email address book to ensure these messages arrive in your inbox.
- I clicked on the submit button in error, how do I get the application back to continue working on it?
Once an application is submitted via clicking the Submit button, the application is no longer available to edit as it has moved into the system to begin the review process.
- Why can't I return to the original link on the San Diego Gas and Electric Web site to access the application in-progress?
Accessing the original link will start a new application and a new account.
- I have entered my email address and password and still cannot access my application or "My Account" page.
Please check your entries to make sure that you have not misspelled anything and make sure that you are using the same email address and password used to initially login and create your account.
If you are still unsuccessful with accessing your account, please contact the system administrator at [email protected].
- I have logged into my account and don't see my application listed.
If you did not press the "Save & Finish Later" or "Review & Submit" button upon leaving the application, your work was not saved and you will need to start a new application.
- I logged in as a returning applicant and it takes me to a blank application.
If you logged in to work on an in-progress application and saw a blank page, you did not choose the "Save & Finish Later" button before you exited the program and your work was not saved. You will need to start a new application.
- I forgot my password and clicked on the "forgot password" link and I get an error message.
Please check to see if the email address you are using is different from the one you used to initially login and create an account, or if the address is either misspelled or a different address.
- Why do I see several copies of the application on "My Account" page?
Each time you open the application using the original link from the Web site and select the "Save & Finish Later" button you create a new application.