Energy Savings Assistance Program
Save energy and money
The Energy Savings Assistance Program is designed to help lower your monthly bill, while making your home more comfortable.
You may rent or own, and if you qualify, SDG&E’s authorized contractors will come to your home and may provide free:
New, energy-efficient lighting
Repair or replacement of doors and windows
Microwaves, water heaters*, refrigerators and high-efficiency clothes washers**
Insulation, weatherstripping and caulking to lower heating and cooling costs
*Replacement of water heaters is limited to home owners.
**Existing appliances must meet age requirements to qualify for replacement. Co-pay may be required for landlords who own appliances and pay tenant utility bill.
Or schedule an appointment
Eligibility for the no cost energy efficient home improvement program and the energy bill discount program are based on income and household size or by your household participation in certain public assistance programs.
Public assistance programs that qualify
You may qualify based on you or a member of your household’s participation in one or more of the following programs:
- Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- CalFresh (Food Stamps) SNAP
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
Income levels that qualify
You may qualify based on household size and total current household income*=Total income of all persons living in your house, condo, apartment or mobile home.
|Household Size||Maximum Combined Annual Income||Household Size||
Maximum Combined Annual Income
|5||$56,880||Each additional member||$8,320|
Effective June 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017
* Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.
If you are eligible for the Energy Savings Assistance Program, you are also eligible for a CARE savings of 30% or more on your monthly bill.
For more information call us at 1-800-411-7343.