Verifying Your Identity
If your identity can’t be verified online, visit a branch office or other designated payment location to present identification and proof of your Social Security Number. Both are required. See below for authorized locations and acceptable forms of documentation.
Not all offices or locations are authorized to verify identity.
We accept the following forms of identification:
- Valid Picture Driver’s License (In or Out-of-State)
- Valid Picture Identification Card (In or Out-of-State)
- Military Identification Card
- INS Identification Card
- I-94 Identification Card
- US Immigration Card
- Student Identification Card
- Employment Identification Badge
- Credit Card with Picture
- Credencial De Elector (Voters, ID)
- Matricula Consular (An ID issued by the Mexican Council in U.S.)
Social Security Number verification:
We accept the following documents:
- Social Security Card
- Income Tax Forms
- Social Services Card
- Military identification Card *
- Medical Card that lists your Social Security Number
- Pay Stub that lists your Social Security Number
* Note: In 2001, Military IDs changed from displaying the full Social Security Number to displaying only the last 4 digits. A Military ID may no longer be used for proof of Social Security Number unless it is an expired ID that displays the full Social Security number.