With over 35 models, there's an EV for you
Today, with so many electric vehicle and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (EVs) models to choose from, there's an EV to fit every lifestyle. Our electric vehicle guide can help find the car best for you.
Plug-in vehicle types
- Runs on electricity only
- Plugs into a standard wall outlet or charging station
- Zero tail-pipe emissions
Plug-in hybrid EVs
- Runs on an electric battery and gasonline once batttery is depleted
- Plugs into a stardard wall outlet or charging station
- Lower tail pipe emissions than conventional gas-only vehicles
When considering plug-in EVs, think about how far you drive each day.
For most, an overnight charge at home is more than enough to recharge an EV after a typical day's travels. In fact, most San Diegans drive 25 miles or less each day. This means it would only take one or two hours in a charging station to fill the battery. Don't have a charging station? No problem. All EVs come with a plug for a typical wall outlet. It takes a bit longer than a charging station, but by morning, you're battery is full.
A list of charging stations can be found on SDG&E's Marketplace.
Remember, when thinking about your charging needs, consider:
- How far do I drive each day
- How many miles will my battery go