Working at SDG&E
At SDG&E, our employees use their diverse skills, talents and ideas to provide the over 3.4 million people in San Diego and south Orange Counties with reliable energy.
Employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive pay and benefits. We strive to provide a good balance between work and home life.
It’s our culture and our commitment
Diversity is not only a corporate commitment, but one that is deeply woven into the fabric of our culture.
Our commitment is to have a workforce that is a reflection of the diverse communities we serve.
How we build successful working relationships
It's through our successful working relationships with local community outreach organizations, professional associations, universities, and youth mentorship programs that we remain a highly sought after place to work.
- We ranked number five in DiversityInc magazine’s 2008 “Top Regional Utilities” list.
- We have been named to Ethisphere Magazine’s “World’s Most Ethical Companies” list, while also enjoying their Ethics Inside® Certified Seal for ethical business practices.
Visit Sempra to learn more about Sempra's company-wide commitment to diversity.
Comprehensive and flexible
- Choose your plan. We offer full-time employees a comprehensive, flexible benefits program which allows them to choose a plan that best meets their needs and the needs of their families.
- Use pre-tax dollars. Any employee contributions are made in pre-tax dollars.
- Long Term Disability
- Cash Balance Pension Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Education Assistance
- Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program (professional and confidential counseling)
- Wellness Program/Gym Incentive
- Career Development Center
- Rewarding/Recognizing Leadership Ability
- Carpool, bus or train
- Volunteer Incentive Program
- Domestic Partnership Benefits
- Telecommuting for certain positions