CAHP - For Contractors
Zero Net Energy (ZNE)
Zero Net Energy (ZNE) buildings have zero net energy consumption, in other words the total amount of energy used by the building is about equal to the amount of renewable energy created on the building site. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has set a goal to have 100% of new homes be ZNE by 2020.
There are three types of single-family homes – detached, duplex and townhome.
- Detached: single-story or multiple-story structure that is not attached to another building. This is either a custom home or part of a bigger project with multiple units/lots.
- Duplex: Structure that has two residential units. This can be a single structure or part of a bigger project with several structures/units, but must be two separate dwelling units.
- Townhome: A single-family residential home constructed in a group of three or more attached units. Each of the units extends from the foundation to roof, and has open space on at least two sides.
There are two types of multifamily homes – attached/condominium and apartment
- Attached/condominium: a single- or multiple-story home consisting of three or more residential units. These units are owned by the occupants.
- Apartment: a single-or multiple-story home that has three or more residential units. These residences are not owned by the occupants.
Multifamily structures qualify for incentives based on the structure’s design. Below are the types of multifamily structures that are eligible for incentives. Contact our dedicated Account Executive Deborah Newell at 858-636-5730 or DNewell@semprautilities.com to learn more.
- Multifamily low-rise
- Multifamily high-rise
- Multifamily mixed-use
How To Participate
Contact our dedicated Account Executive Deborah Newell at 858-636-5730 or DNewell@semprautilities.com to learn more about the CAHP Master Builder. You can also find out about training opportunities for your personnel.
- Tree Planting List (pdf)
- Do not plant trees near powerlines
Once construction is complete you can submit your request for payment here. Please provide the following information to DNewell@semprautilities.com:
- Name of project
- Lots that have been completed
- Updated Title 24 if there have been construction changes since the originally submitted Title 24.