Reduce Your Use Thermostat
Get an ecobee smart programmable thermostat (a $300 value) with free installation, when you sign up for Reduce Your Use Rewards. The ecobee Smart SI thermostat can be controlled remotely from your smart device or computer and understands when to turn on your heating or cooling equipment based on your home’s unique energy profile.
On Reduce Your Use days, SDG&E will send a signal to the thermostat to put it in energy savings mode and the Reduce Your Use Rewards program will give you a credit on your bill when you save enough electricity. If a Reduce Your Use day is called and you can't participate, you can opt out of the signal for the day by following the instructions on the thermostat or ecobee alert.
This is a limited time offer so sign up today on My Account. If you don’t have My Account set up, you can do so now.
Criteria to receive the smart programmable thermostat:
- I am a current SDG&E customer with a smart meter
- I own my property or rent a single family home
- I am not currently participating in the Summer Saver program or other conflicting demand response program
- I am enrolled on an eligible residential rate
- I have working Wi-Fi
- I have a working central air conditioning system
To receive your thermostat
- Enroll in Reduce Your Use Rewards alerts in My Account
- Sign up for the no-cost thermostat and installation
This program is funded by California utility customers and administrated by SDG&E, under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. The selection, purchase, and ownership of goods and services are the sole responsibility of the customer. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability, and/or efficiency of goods and services selected. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services.