Rebates for Your Home
Take Advantage of Home Energy Efficiency Rebates
You can save on some of the most popular energy-efficient appliances with our rebates.
Appliance Recycling Program
Get a $35 rebate when you recycle old working refrigerators, freezers and room air conditioners. Find out whether your appliance is eligible for the rebate and schedule a pick-up date and time by calling the Appliance Recycling Centers of America, Inc. (ARCA) at 1-800-599-5792 or by enrolling online.
Get immediate satisfaction with instant rebates. Your rebate is given right at the cash register, no application needed.
The following retailers provide instant SDG&E rebates:
- B&B Appliance
- Home Depot
- Humphrey Appliance
- MCAS Miramar Home Center
- The Navy Exchange 32nd Street
- Phillips Maytag
Note: not all items eligible for instant rebates are available at all participating retailers. These items do not qualify for an additional mail-in rebate.
Own a property of two or more units? Then you may qualify for rebates for energy-saving improvements to your multi-family residential properties.
- How to Make a Multi-Family Rebate Reservation
As a property owner or manager you are required to reserve funding for all product rebates. Here’s how to do it:
- Call SDG&E at 1-800-644-6133 to make sure reservations are still being accepted for your product rebate.
- Complete the Multifamily Energy Efficiency Rebate Program Reservation Form
- Send us your reservation(s) by:
Fax: SDG&E "Attention: Multifamily Rebate" at 866-420-1128.
San Diego Gas & Electric
Attn: Multifamily Rebate Program
P.O. Box 129016
San Diego, CA 92112-9016
Reservations are valid for 45 calendar days from the date SDG&E sends you confirmation of your reservation request via fax or e-mail. A separate reservation is required for each service address. However, multiple products may be reserved for each address.
What Contractors Need to Know About Rebates
If you’re a contractor working on a multi-family unit, there are a number of participation requirements and rebate funds restrictions to be aware of. Here’s what you need to know:
- You must have a current Contractor’s State License Board license.
- Provide your marketing materials to SDG&E (including complete company contact information).
- Provide product replacement and warranty information to SDG&E.
- Attend SDG&E’s Multi-family Energy Efficiency Rebates seminar. For more information, call the Energy Information Center at 800-644-6133.
- Undergo quality control inspections to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain high quality standards with 90% of your inspections passing.
- Have participant exit surveys that meet a “Satisfied” to “Completely Satisfied” rating on all surveys.
Restrictions on Rebate Funds
- Customers performing self installations may submit reservations for up to $25,000 per site per quarter.
- Qualified contractors may submit reservations up to $12,500 per quarter.
- Reservations that exceed these amounts will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and require prior approval by the program manager.
- Work may begin only after you receive a confirmation reservation tracking number from SDG&E.
For more information about the Home Energy-Efficiency Rebate Program, you can call the SDG&E Energy Information Center (EIC) at 1-800-644-6133 or email us at ESC@semprautilities.com.
- Retailers Disclaimer
- The list of retailers and/or manufacturers is provided for information purposes only and SDG&E assumes no responsibility for our customers’ use of the list.
- Additionally, SDG&E does not recommend or endorse the products or services of any third party listed, or represent that the particular products or services are fit for any particular purpose or list.
- To be added to this list of instant rebate retailers, please contact us at 1-800-644-6133.
- Single-Family Rebate Disclaimer
- This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
- This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available.
- The selection, purchase and ownership of goods and services are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- Retailers offering point-of-sale instant rebates under this program are not approved, rated or endorsed by SDG&E.
- Multi-Family Rebate Disclaimer
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis while funding is available or until the program is discontinued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Applications must be postmarked on or before January 15, 2011 to be eligible for a rebate.
- Qualified products must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. The purchase and installation periods will end earlier if funds run out.
- SDG&E reserves the right to modify or reject any reservation request that conflicts with the policies, procedures or purposes of the Multi-family Energy Efficiency Rebate Program. This program is also subject to change or termination at any time without prior notice.
- About the California Energy Commission Certification
- Under California law, models of certain types of appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers and clothes washers, must be certified to the California Energy Commission before being sold or offered for sale.
- You can find the Energy Commission’s database of appliances at www.appliances.energy.ca.gov. Before purchasing this type of appliance, you can review the Energy Commission’s database to see if your appliance model is in the database.
- Please refer to SDG&E’s rebate applications to find the energy-saving products that are eligible for rebate.