Earn Rebates on Your Improvements
The Energy Efficiency Business Rebates program helps eligible customers offset the cost of installing energy-efficient lighting, refrigeration, food service, natural gas and other high efficiency equipment.
How to Apply
- Review the 2013-2015 Energy Efficiency Business Rebates Program Manual (pdf) for an overview of policies and procedures.
- Browse a product catalog to find rebate-eligible items:
- Lighting Catalog (pdf)
- Food Service & Refrigeration Catalog (pdf)
- Natural Gas Catalog (pdf)
- Other Technology Catalog (Agribusiness included)(pdf)
- DEER Product Catalog (pdf)
See page 1 of the catalogs for rebate changes, which were last updated July 2015.
- Determine if your project requires a pre-installation inspection:
The following project types require a site inspection be conducted before existing equipment is modified or new equipment is installed:
- Projects applying for On-Bill Financing
- All products found in the DEER Product Catalog
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Auto Closers
- Evaporator Fan Controls
- Greenhouse Heat Curtains
Applications received for the above items without a SDG&E performed pre-inspection will be disqualified. If your project requires a pre-inspection, you must wait for a notice to proceed from SDG&E before any equipment can be modified or installed.
- Reserve rebate funds and/or schedule a pre-inspection with our Online Reservation Form:
You may also reserve funds and schedule an inspection by calling the Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133.
While strongly recommended, a reservation is not required for program participation unless a pre-installation site inspection is required.
A reservation is not an application and does not guarantee a rebate. Rebate applications without reservations will be accepted, but only on a first come, first served basis until program deadlines are reached or funds are no longer available.
- Install your equipment, then complete the Business Rebates program application (pdf).
The Business Rebates program requires equipment be purchased and installed before an application is submitted. However, if your project requires a pre-inspection, you must wait for a notice to proceed from SDG&E before any equipment can be modified or installed.
- If your project includes multiple sites please complete the Supplemental Worksheet (pdf)
- Business Rebates Sample Invoice (xls) - see Invoice Guidelines (pdf)
- Appliance Recycling Certificate (pdf) - for Early Retirement Refrigerators only
- Submit a completed W-9 (pdf) if you have not already done so for our records
Failure to complete these steps could result in your rebate being delayed.
2015 Program Deadlines
Click here to view year-end program details.
Contact our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 or email at email@example.com
Need help getting started?
Check out our Trade Professional Directory for a quick tips video and to select a local Trade Professional who can help you kick-start your energy-savings project.
SDG&E’s Business Energy Solutions Program
Several products offered through the Energy Efficiency Business Rebates program are provided at no cost or at a discount for qualified customers through SDG&E’s Business Energy Solutions program. Customers with a monthly electrical demand less than 200 kW may participate and should visit sdge.com/BES or call our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 for details.
Before you take any steps to reduce your energy use, it’s helpful to build a complete picture about how your facility currently uses energy. Benchmarking provides you with an easy way to assess and monitor your energy use. The EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager is a tool that helps you identify savings opportunities, verify energy efficiency improvements, and receive EPA recognition for exemplary energy performance.
Once you have created your building portfolio in Portfolio Manager, you can use SDG&E’s no-cost, easy-to-use Automated Benchmarking Service to automatically send your building’s energy use information to the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Terms and Conditions
To qualify for a rebate, all purchase invoices or receipts must be dated between January 1, 2015 and December 10, 2015. All rebate items must be purchased and installed prior to submitting an application for a rebate. Qualifying rebate applications must be postmarked by December 31, 2015 or earlier to be eligible. This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by San Diego Gas & Electric Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. San Diego Gas & Electric Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer.