Earn Rebates on Your Improvements
Important updates to California Building Codes and Title 24
Use our Online Rebate Reservation Form to:
- Let us know you're interested in reserving rebate funds for your project
- Initiate a pre-inspection if necessary
- Track the status of your project
While strongly recommended, a reservation is not an application and does not guarantee a rebate. Rebate applications without reservations will be accepted, but only on a first come, first served basis until program deadlines are reached or funds are no longer available.
How to Apply
- Browse a product catalog to find rebate-eligible items:
- Food Service & Refrigeration Catalog (pdf)
- Lighting Catalog (pdf)
- Natural Gas Catalog (pdf)
- Other Technology Catalog (pdf)
- DEER Product Catalog (pdf)
All products found in the DEER Catalog require a pre-inspection and a post-inspection. To initiate your pre-inspection please make a reservation by calling 1-800-644-6133 or by using the Online Reservation Form.
- Take note of recent product catalog changes:
- The Agricultural Catalog was combined with the Other Technology Catalog.
Food Service & Refrigeration
Rebates for Commercial Griddles have changed from per griddle, to per foot. Rebates are as follows:
Description Unit Rebate FS-E1 Commercial Electric Griddle Per foot $150 FS-E2 Commercial Gas Griddle Per foot $150
- The Pulse Start/Ceramic Metal Halide products will be retired. The last day to submit an application for these products is February 14, 2015.
- Rebates for Interior Induction, Exterior Induction, & Compact Fluorescent Fixtrures will be reduced to the amounts below to align with other statewide offers. The last day to submit an application at the current rates is February 14, 2015.
Table 1. New rebates effective February 15, 2015.
Product Code Measure Description Current Rebate New Rebate L-D01 Exterior Induction 181 - 250W $100.00 $40.00 L-D91 Exterior Induction 121 - 180W $35.00 $25.00 L-D81 Exterior Induction 101 - 120W $40.00 $20.00 L-D71 Exterior Induction 71 - 100W $45.00 $15.00 L-D61 Exterior Induction less than 70W $25.00 $15.00 L-D41 Interior Induction 181 - 250W $90.00 $45.00 L-D51 Interior Induction 251 - 360W $50.00 $25.00 L-D31 Interior Induction 121 - 180W $60.00 $30.00 L-D21 Interior Induction 71 - 120W $50.00 $25.00 L-D11 Interior Induction less than 70W $25.00 $12.50 L-C41 Compact Fluorescent Fixture 193 - 244W $60.00 $35.00 L-C51 Compact Fluorescent Fixture 245 - 360W $45.00 $20.00 L-C31 Compact Fluorescent Fixture 129 - 192W $50.00 $20.00 L-C21 Compact Fluorescent Fixture 71 -128W $40.00 $20.00 L-C11 Compact Fluorescent Fixture less than 70W $15.00 $10.00
- A new table has been added to the Process Boiler section. Please review to ensure your product meets all efficiency requirements.
- Pre and post inspections are now required for VFDs. Please call our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 to schedule your pre-inspection. Please review the product requirements for updated language in accordance with 2013 Title 24 code updates.
- Place a request to reserve rebate funds for your project using our online reservation form.
- Complete the Business Rebates program application (pdf)
For all installations prior to June 30, 2014, the deadline to submit paperwork was September 30, 2014. All installations on July 1, 2014, and after are applicable to new 2013 Title 24 code requirements and must be submitted using the new application.
Failure to complete these steps could result in your rebate payment being delayed.
Questions? Contact our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Energy Efficiency Business Rebates fact sheet (pdf)
- Appliance Recycling Certificate (pdf)
- Business Rebates Sample Invoice (xls) - see Invoice Guidelines (pdf)
- 2013-2014 Energy Efficiency Business Rebates Handbook (pdf)
- California Food Service Rebate Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Fishnick and Food Service Rebate Qualifying Equipment
Before you take any steps to reduce your energy use, it’s helpful to build a complete picture about how your facility currently uses energy. Benchmarking provides you with an easy way to assess and monitor your energy use. The EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager is a tool that helps you identify savings opportunities, verify energy efficiency improvements, and receive EPA recognition for exemplary energy performance.
Once you have created your building portfolio in Portfolio Manager, you can use SDG&E’s no-cost, easy-to-use Automated Benchmarking Service to automatically send your building’s energy use information to the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.